To the author who got me addicted to reading again

A thank you letter for being one of my favorites.

6
Jocelyn Ramirez

Dear Danielle Vega/Rollins,

A couple of years ago, I hit a little stump whenever it came to my interest in reading books. Months passed by but I couldn’t really find anything that kept my eyes glued to the page, the kind of book that I just couldn’t put down. Those are the absolute best types of books, ones that you read all day and night just to figure out what happens to all of our favorite characters. One day I went to Barnes & Noble with my best friend, I ran into this bright pink book with the words “The Merciless” in gold letters along with something that I’d describe as devilish or even evil. Even your name on the bottom of the book got my attention with the “I” in your name as an upside down cross (great touch, by the way!). I decided to read the description in the front about the book, it caught my attention right away and I was utterly excited about taking it home that day. Scary movies or even exorcism movies are my absolute favorite, although none of them are even that greatly made anymore. I was excited to read The Merciless and make sense of it all myself, especially since I’ve never read anything like this before.

After reading and absolutely loving it, I decided to follow up and find more of your books. I couldn’t even put The Merciless down, I read it all the exact day that I brought it home. After finishing that, I got back into the groove of reading again! It was exactly what I needed to help get things back in order, I decided to read all of your books and currently I’m waiting to order Breaking on June 6. I follow you on social media and I’d like for you to know that I really enjoy your live videos, they’re extremely helpful with little things that I’ve been writing. Even when you take the time to answer questions that your fans have on your writing techniques.

I’m extremely grateful that you take extra time out of your day to do those little things for us. Especially your emails, they’re an extreme help! I cannot express my gratitude, even some time ago I believe you replied to something that I said on twitter! I was especially ecstatic that day, so a huge thank you for that, also! I cannot wait to see what you have for us in the future, you’re an extremely talented, creative and humble author. I just wanted to show my appreciation and gratitude, also I wanted you to know how important that little pink book was to me!