To The Aunt Who Is More Than My Aunt

To The Aunt Who Is More Than My Aunt

Thank you for always being the most supportive person in my life.

297
To The Aunt Who Is More Than My Aunt
Abigail Griffin

Throughout my life, you have always been one of my biggest inspirations. You have always been there to support me and celebrate my accomplishments or to push me in the right direction when I needed it the most. You are someone I look up to more than anyone in my life and I appreciate everything you have and continue to do for me every day.

I have always known our relationship was special, but the past 4 or 5 years have come to show me that even more. As I have continued to grow up, I have started to understand just how much you do for me all the time and how much you truly mean to me. When I look back at all the big moments in my life, you have always been there to share them with me.

Whenever we get the opportunity to go on one of our many adventures, I cherish every moment I have with you. Whether it’s going to see a movie, going to the mall or the outlets, or baking and watching a movie in your kitchen, we always to have the best time. Every outing with you turns into an adventure, and I love it! The time we spend together will always be some of the most special memories to me throughout the years.

One of the best things about having you in my life is the guidance you have given me all these years. Elementary school can get pretty rough, but you were always there to help me in school when I needed it the most which is one of the perks of you being a teacher. This continued through middle and high school, and now even more so in college. Most of the time it happened when you made fun of me for my misuse of grammar or spelling, but I’ll let that one slide. Though the advice has changed through the years, it has and always will, mean the world to me.

Without you even knowing it, you have been showing me just the person I want to be in my life as the years have gone by. You have shown me how to be a fun and loving person and aunt, how to care about people, and how to take advantage of time spent with your family. From watching you, I have learned so many things about being the best person I can be throughout my life. One of the best compliments I could ever get is being told I am just like my aunt.

Though the future is uncertain, one thing is for sure, no matter where I go in life or what I end up doing, I know I’ll always have your love and support. I hope that our bond only grows stronger as time goes by and our adventures continue, no matter how old we both get. I’ll be more than happy to smuggle wine into the nursing home for you and push your wheelchair through the mall when it comes time. I could never thank you enough for all you have done for me throughout my life. I’m so thankful to have you with me every step of the way.

Love, your favorite niece and goddaughter.