To The Alumni Of The Miami University Varsity Synchronized Skating Team

This letter is to express our tremendous gratitude for your support, understanding, empathy and so much more.

930
Brianne Safer

Dear Alumni of the Miami University Varsity Synchronized Skating Team,

Synchronized skating is unique. So much of the skating world is individual and isolated. The world of synchronized skating is completely different. The sport gives us the tremendous joy of being a part of something that is bigger and more important than ourselves. The joy of synchronized skating is being on a team. We strive to be the best we can be for not only ourselves, but also for our teammates. Together, we constantly raise the standard for ourselves, our competitors, and for the sport as a whole. That is why synchronized skating is special.

As special as it is, being a member of the Miami Synchronized Skating Team is even more extraordinary. The proud tradition that you have created is why the vast majority of us are at this school. Each and every day we are reminded of the legacy that you provided us.

When we walk through the spine of Goggin, we are inspired by the plaques and team pictures of those who came before us. As we skate around B-Pad, we see the banners of teams that have accomplished incredible things. We are constantly reminded of what a great honor and privilege it is to be a part of the Miami Skating Family.

The Miami Skating Alumni comprise the greatest fan club in all of synchro. The amount of support we receive every single day and at every event throughout our season is astounding.

Anyone who has been a member of Miami Skating knows the indescribable feeling of skating the warm-up block while the arena erupts in thunderous applause. Only a privileged few understand the thrill of looking up to catch a glimpse of the sea of red and white holding signs, waving pom-poms and proudly screaming the fight song.

It’s a surreal feeling because you know that as a young girl you were in those stands experiencing this same moment and closing your eyes to imagine that you were on that ice representing Miami University.

Nothing compares to the feeling of being on the ice knowing that you have made your dream a reality. Now, the Miami skaters that we were inspired by and looked up to are in the stands supporting and cheering for us, and there’s a new generation of young synchro skaters that are watching, dreaming to one day be on that ice, just as you did years ago.

These are the moments we live for and moments that will stay with us forever.

We realize that none of this would be possible today if it wasn’t for the alumni who paved the way for us living our dreams of being varsity collegiate athletes.

There aren’t enough words to adequately express our gratitude for each and every one of our alumni who have made Miami Skating what it is today. Your unwavering love and support through victory and defeat are what allows us to keep pursuing our goals.

Thank you for all that you have done and all that you continue to do for all of us and the future members of Miami Skating.

Love & Honor,

A current member of Miami Skating