To My Unbiological Moms

In honor of this past Mother's Day, I feel it's only appropriate we all give a shout out to those "moms" in our lives that may not be directly related to us, but still tend to care for us a whole lot.

1. My Big

This one's pretty obvious. You are the ultimate mom. From the moment I rushed and you claimed me as yours on Big Little Reveal, it was almost as if you were my mom at college. You tell me all the right classes to take, all the right places to eat at, and the list goes on! I don't know what I would do without having you by my side to constantly watch over me and aide in all my decision-making, good or bad.

2. That One Roommate

Many of us have that one roommate who always seems to do the most cleaning, or sewing or whatever "mom" characteristic it may be. For me, I probably had a couple of these wonderful women in my life, whether they know they're the mom, or act as the mom so effortlessly that it just comes naturally to them. They're amazing because they do your hair, help clean up the dishes, and sometimes even pick up after you when you forget to pick up your stuff.

3. My Best Friend's Mom

To the mom of my best friend, you are an absolute winner in yourself. I cannot even begin to describe everything you've done for me. You have made me feel as if I was apart of your own family, and for that, I am eternally grateful. You've seen me at my best, and you've definitely seen me at my worst, yet you still love and accept me as if I was your own with loving and open arms. I couldn't have asked for a better kick-butt duo as yourself and your daughter, and I'm so glad to have people like you all in my life.

4. My Boss

Maybe I just have a particularly awesome experience with my boss than other people do, and even though it is a guy and a girl, they both rock. Acting as incredibly good-hearted and amazing individuals, they are the epitome those I look up to. I admire the effortless way they go about the job or handle the daily stresses of work that might make many of us come to a crumble.

5. My Best Friend

Not only your mother, but you too hold a special place in my heart among those individuals that take the best care of me. I have no idea what I would do without you. You know me inside, and out, and love and accept all my flaws just the same. I think the best part about having such a great best friend as you that can almost be described as a mother figure is how caring you are. Consistently you put others in front of yourself, and never think twice about a situation if it comes at the benefit of myself.