An Open Letter To My Sisters

An Open Letter To My Sisters

Thank you for all you do.
16

To the most beautiful humans I know,

You mean the world to me. I couldn’t imagine this world without you. You have opened my mind up to an unlimited amount of things and taught me more than I could have ever imagined. For this, I wish to thank you.

Thank you for always being the one to call at all hours of the night.

You know it — the laughs, the screams and the cries, you know it even before I tell you. You are always there eager to listen and really hear me. You are there to be able to give me the right amount of advice, and know when to step back and just let me talk. Sorry for waking you up endless times over the nights.

Thank you for making living with mom and dad a bit more bearable.

Arguments with them could be pretty dangerous without either of you two. I know when the three of us are together there is no way that we are losing to the parents. You are my sidekicks, the ones who always have the perfect stab to take at either of them.

Thank you for understanding and making the inside jokes.

Yes, you soup face. I am talking to you. We have created a new language, a code per se. We have realized a way in which we can talk to each other that others will not. You understand the “sentence” composed of about three words and too many syllables that originally made no sense, thanks for understanding my gibberish.

Thank you for supplying my second closet.

Just let me borrow it please! I swear I won’t lose it, rip it, and I will definitely not stain it like last time ...

Thank you for being my second mom.

Yes, I know text you when I get there to let you know that I am safe. Yes I won’t drink and drive. Yes I will be smart. Yes I understand. Yes I am sure.

Thank you for being my partner in crime.

You always have my back, regardless of our situation. You let me know if my breath smells like alcohol or to put away the goods because mom is coming downstairs. You have my back when we are doing something stupid or playing pranks. You saved me and took the blame whenever it was needed. You were down to teepee the next house, and hide in the woods. You were there through the little mistakes and then to witness the ones that we won't publish here.

Thank you for being my best friend.

You know it all. You know my favorite color, my biggest pet peeves, the one thing that scares me the most, the boy that I will never get over, and most importantly my faults. You are the one who shares my puppy addiction and binge eat at 2 a.m. You are the one who is there to wipe up my tears and celebrate my happiness. You are the one who can be miles away and still calm me down through the deepest pain. You know exactly how to treat every situation I get caught up in.

You are there for me. You will always be there for me. I thank you because you both the most amazing people I have ever met. Your minds fill me with joy. Your accomplishments astonish me. You never fail to impress me. Thank you for showing me what it means to love someone so much.

I love you both to the moon and back googleplex times.