To The Siblings I Left At Home, Here's What You Should Know

For The Younger Siblings At Home While I'm At College, Know This

I'm pretty damn lucky to be constantly annoyed by you.

219

I know you won't believe it, but I actually do miss you.

After spending most of my life being your role model, your confidant, and your friend, it's difficult for me to accept that you are growing up without me there to see it. You're maturing physically, mentally, and emotionally. You're changing from a little, pudgy baby to a young adult way too quickly! It's odd to think that at one point I was taller than you, that I was the big sibling in charge at home, and that your biggest worries used to be finding the right stuffed animal to sleep with.

Now everything's changing. You've reached that age where everything kind of sucks, you're not sure of yourself, and you're trying to figure out where you fit in. I remember going through that stage myself and I'll be very honest, it was rough. I got through it, though! I know you will, too. You're so strong-willed and determined, I am certain that you will conquer every obstacle that gets in your way. This phase in your life is no exception.

Even though I'm far away, I want you to know that I always have you on my mind. I wonder if you ever figured out those math problems or if you have any new crushes. I see memes and videos that make me laugh too hard and I immediately think you'd like it. I worry about if you're making good choices and if you're putting in enough effort so you can have another accomplishment under your belt. I hope you know that I will always worry over you, and just because I'm away right now doesn't mean I stopped caring about you.

I want you to know that you are perfect the way you are. I'm not saying that because I have to, I'm saying it because I truly mean it. You are stunning and incredible, amazing inside and out! There are going to be times that you see others and wish you looked like them when you look in the mirror and believe you see flaw after flaw. There will be times when you wish you could change some aspect of your personality. When those moments come, give yourself a minute to take a deep breath and think of all the things you love about yourself, to think of all the things that you are proud of. You are worth so much more than you realize and you make me so incredibly proud every day- you aren't worth less than anyone else, and you better start believing it!

You may be a pain in my ass, but I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world. We may fight and disagree sometimes, but at the end of the day you are my go-to, my ride or die. I'm proud to say that I'm your older sibling, that I'm related to a star like you.

I love you with my whole heart!

(But don't let anyone know I said that, yuck!)