To My Roommate/Best Friend

To My Roommate/Best Friend

When besties becomes roomies.

To My Roommate/Best Friend
www.hercampus.com

Well, there's officially less than a month until move-in day, and I couldn't be more excited. College is such an amazing time, and I know that the adventures we're going to have this year are only going to make the time more unforgettable. I'm impatiently counting down the days until I get to not only call myself your best friend, but also your official roommate.

I promise to be your early morning workout partner, your listening ear when you need to vent, your partner-in-crime for 11 p.m. Taco Bell runs and your dance partner whenever one of our thousands of songs come on. I promise to be your accountability partner, a person who motivates you to go to class and keep your grades up, a shoulder for you to cry on and the person who always has your back. I'll be supportive, approachable and open; I'll do my best to make sure that we're equals in our shared space while still keeping our friendship.

I know that being best friends and living together can sometimes get to be a little much, so I'm saying this right now: we're probably going to get sick of each other every once in a while. But I know our friendship can survive this, and I firmly believe that living together is only going to bring us closer. We get to share our just-woke-up early morning faces, our 3 a.m. giggle-fests and strange sleeping habits with each other. We get to see each other for the good, the bad and the ugly, even more than we do now. And I'm really grateful that I get this opportunity to know you so personally, even if it won't always be what I expected.

I'll warn you up front: living with me will not always be easy. You'll have to remind me to clean up after myself, and it's going to be hard to get me up sometimes. I'll have quite a few bad days during our stay together, and I keep weird hours every once in a while. But I know that you love me in spite of all this, and our room is going to be so amazing.