To My Mother On Her Birthday, I Love You

Thank you for everything.

223
Rhania

Dear Mom,

Happy Birthday. For as long as I can remember you've had my back. I am the person I am today because of you and I couldn't imagine my life without you. No matter what I've been through you've been my biggest fan, my staunchest ally, and my eternal ride or die. You have no idea how much I look up to you, you've been through so much but you've always seen the silver lining in everything and I hope you know how admirable that is. You're the definition of a role model and I can only hope to one day become a mother like you. This is a letter to the best sides of you, which just happen to be all your sides.

To the women who attended all my dance recitals (and signed me up for classes), I love you.

To the women who cheered until her throat was sore at my basketball games, I love you.

To the women who taught me patience and compassion, I love you.

To the women who took me half way across the world and back, I love you.

To the women who cries even harder than I do when something monumental happens in my life, I love you.

To the women who is the best shopping partner (and literally has better taste than I do), I love you.

To the women who treats all my friend like she's their mother too, I love you.

To the women who always takes me to my favorite restaurants, even though they aren't hers, I love you.

To the women who took care of me more than she did herself, I love you.

To the women who taught me strength with stories from her youth, I love you.

To the women who taught me French, Je t'aime.

To the women who is the greatest person in the world, I love you.

To the women who helped me become me, I love you.

I could go on forever mom, but I could never possibly fit all the ways I am thankful, but just know even though we fight and we have our differences at times, at the end of the day I love you and on your birthday I think you deserve to know just how one in a million you are.