A Letter To My Little Sister

A Letter To My Little Sister

I can never tell you enough how much I love you.

670
A Letter To My Little Sister
Hope Christensen

Stop growing up. I wish you'd stay little forever. It's crazy to see the young women you've become, and you're constantly growing everyday. I am so proud of you for who you are, and love everything about you. When the world seems to turn its back to you, know that I will always be here. You're my best friend, my sidekick, my everything.

I know growing up is hard. Life is hard, and I wish I could protect you from the cruelties of life forever. I wish I could deal with your trials instead, and let you live as happily as you did as a child. Yes, there are many scary things in life. There's also so much beauty and happiness. When things are tough, know they'll get better. I've been through heart breaks, friend losses, family problems, school problems, and I'm still standing. Chances are, a lot of things you'll face, I have faced them too. Sure, I'm still growing as well, but I do have some advice, and will always lend a helping hand when you need it.

Not everyone is nice, not everyone will like you. Just remember how important it is to always like yourself, to always LOVE yourself. At times you'll feel like you need approval from other people, as if you can only fit in if they accept you. Don't let society or school change who you are. You're not meant to live just to blend in with everyone else. Be your unique self, add some flavor to the world! You're a breath of fresh air, your presence radiates such positivity to everyone around. I love you so much. You are loved by so many people, and I hope you always love yourself.

Boys will be boys. Sometimes they'll make you feel important, and sometimes they won't. Don't let a boy treat you any less than you deserve- and you deserve the world. Boys should be polite, always gentlemen-like. If they break your heart, know that you don't have to stay broken. You will get over that boy. You will find someone someday who builds you up, not breaks you down. You're young, date around, have fun, don't let boys define your worth. You are worth more than any price, any kind of jewel, and no boy can take that away from you. Stand up for yourself. Don't let them walk over you. Remind yourself everyday that you are strong and important. Nobody, not even a boy who breaks your heart, can take that away from you. Your heart will heal even when you feel like it won't. It's okay to be sad, it's okay to cry. You won't feel that way forever, get back up and try again. You're special and deserve more than boys who make you cry, so don't let them. Seek out the best, because you deserve the best.

As a big sister, I'm very protective over you. I will always stand up for you, always take your side, and always cheer you on. No matter what challenge you face, you will never have to do it alone. When you're sad, I'm sad for you. I'll do whatever it takes to see you smile again. Because when you're happy, everyone else around you is too. You're my little sister, you're a blessing to this family. Keep your head up, remember your worth, and always strive to be the best you can be. I'm constantly proud of you and your decisions, and you should be proud too.

To my little sister, I sure do love you.