To My High School

To My High School

I can't thank you enough..

524
To My High School
Renee Citren

To My High School,

Being a sophomore in college has me reminiscing a lot about the countless hours I spent growing up in you. In between your walls I cried, laughed, succeeded and failed. I made memories with new friends, while I grew apart from others. I walked in thinking I knew who I was and what I stood for. But that was far from the truth. Coming from a small private school- I walked in with a clean slate. Terrified, yet excited to embark on a new journey as a Patriot. And I just can’t thank you enough.

Thank you for introducing me to the most kind-hearted, hilarious and genuine friends. To this day they still help me through the bad days, and continue to make the best days that much better. I simply did not know what true friendship was until I walked through your doors as a 14 year old.

Thank you for challenging me, thank you for being hard on me. Thank you for not making getting good grades easy. You taught me that everything won’t always come easily, and work ethic was important. You taught me if I slacked off, it would show. Not just in academics, but everything in life. Success isn’t given to you rather earned. And you taught me that.

Thank you for being my second home. Friends became family, the cafeteria became the kitchen table, classrooms were the T.V. room and teachers became your parents from 7:25 to 2:10. Thank you for making the environment as comfortable as home. Although sometimes I wished that I could sleep in a little later, or not have to take tests, it was all taken place in a positive environment.

Thank you for still being in my life today. Your lessons are with me every day. The friends you introduced me to are still present in my life. And the spirit of being a patriot is as well. I wouldn’t be who I was today without you. And I will admit I miss you from time to time.

Thank you for everything Wootton.

Patriots Rule.

Sincerely,

Renee