To My Friends Who Are Transferring

To My Friends Who Are Transferring

It's been real. It's been fun. It's been real fun.

6
To My Friends Who Are Transferring
Google Images

People decide to transfer for all sorts of reasons, and I’m sure you had yours. Life is about being happy, and if choosing a different school is part of your path to happiness, I can respect that. Here are a few things I want you to know while you’re finishing up your transfer paperwork:

You’ll do great.

I hope you enjoy your new school, and I truly hope you made the right decision. They have gained a great student and an awesome person. I know being a transfer student can be difficult, but I know you’ll succeed with flying colors. You’ll gain new friends and make new memories, and I hope you won’t forget about the ones we made. But I want you to know that I’m so happy for you and this decision you’ve made. You’re one of my favorite people, and you’re still important in my life. I’m so proud of you.

I’ll miss you.

It’s hard not to be upset when I think about my best friend leaving. I’ll miss you like crazy, even if my face and sarcastic attitude have made you think otherwise. Next semester will be so different. I’ll miss our vent sessions, our road trips off campus, and laughing about anything and everything. I won’t be able to see you every day or even every week. We can’t go on random Taco Bell runs or play video games or stay up all night watching Netflix. Of course, I can visit you (and I will!) but it won’t be the same.

Thank you.

Thank you for being friends with me and letting me get to know you. Thank you for always making my day hilarious and for making my college experience a little brighter. Thank you for dealing with my sass and letting me be myself.

It’s been real. It’s been fun. It’s been real fun.

In all honesty, I’m glad you and I crossed paths. College definitely wouldn’t have been the same without you. Just know I’ll always be here for you, even if you’re miles away. Please don’t forget to text and Facetime me--I want to know how much you’re enjoying your new life!

I’ll see you soon.