To My First True Roommate

To My First True Roommate

Thanks for being the best second chance I've ever had

20
To My First True Roommate

Little did I know how lucky I was to have this second chance. We both know freshmen year didn't go as well as I expected, and the girl before you was a little crazy. Somehow though we became best friends and now I get to spend almost every waking moment, the good, the bad and the hilarious, with you. There's no one else I'd rather wake up with at 6 a.m. every morning and stay up with until midnight discussing random things and of course gossiping.

I felt so alone a lot last year because I didn't have a roommate I could rely on. While everyone else was becoming best friends with their roommate I was trying to epically third wheel with all the roomie relationships. After all, your roommate is supposed to be your first best friend in college. Thank God I had you and the team or I have no clue what I would have done.

Remember when you used to hate me, funny how things change. Yet again we can thank said crazy ex roommate. You were the girl that lived down the hall and soon your room became my room also. You knew my door was always unlocked and I knew that eventually you would open your door if I knocked and annoyed you enough. Soon hanging out turned into sleepovers every weekend in my king sized bed (wow I guess not having a roommate had some perks). We became so close that come sophomore year I knew more than anything that I wanted to try the whole roommate thing again and room with my best friend.

Now look at us!

Thank you for feeding our children (fish) and making sure I don't become a hoarder again this year. Thanks for blow drying my hair because we both know I'm too lazy to do it. Thank you for watching the season finale of every "Grey's Anatomy" season with me, without watching any of the episodes in between. Thank you for taking endless numbers of pictures with me and for me because you know I'm obsessed. Thank you for always being there for me; thanks for laughing at my jokes and making me laugh when I'm down. Thanks for always being there to tell me to pick my head up and remind me that I'm special no matter what anyone says. I hope you know you're even more special and beautiful.

I don't know what I'd do without you. I can't wait for all the memories we will make this year and I can't wait until I'm crazy Aunt Sam someday to your kids.