A Message to All of My Black Friends
News

A Message to All of My Black Friends

Your lives will ALWAYS matter.

204
A Message to All of My Black Friends
https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1494192785370-e91e091d544f?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1050&q=80

I would like to start off by just saying sorry. I know it does not mean much, but I am terribly and deeply sorry for everything that you have endured because of the color of your skin.

I want you to know that you do - and always will - matter.

I promise to march with you every day until you can jog down the street and not worry if you will go home that night. I promise to march with you until your children can play with toy guns and not be shot by a real one. I promise to march with you until you can walk home from the store with candy without fear.

I'm not going to be someone who says "I don't see skin color." No. I see your color. I see your melanin and I think it is beautiful. I think it is something to be celebrated, not hated. I see the injustice and I stand with you all the way. I care for you. I love you. I will do my best to protect and help you. I will riot with you.

I know that I will never understand, but I will always stand.