To My Boyfriend's Mom

To My Boyfriend's Mom

Because you loved him first, he loves me.

654
To My Boyfriend's Mom
Marysa Wigley

Without you, there is no him; so for that, thank you.

1. Thank you for giving me a chance and learning to love me just as your son is doing: I'm sure you didn't know what to expect of me, as I didn't with you, but we've grown on each other and you've made me like your own. There are no words to put how thankful I am for that.

2. Thank you for showing him the kind of love he should give: He loves you, looks up to you, and he is a definite momma's boy all the time. Because of that same love, he has loved me with the same respect.

3. Thank you for your advice and suggestions: No matter if it's for something like my hair, something he might like, or just telling me to keep him in line - you always have an idea to throw at me and I know you'll always be there if I just ask.

4. Thank you for including me: You always leave an open spot for me no matter the occasion. I love family dinners/outings with you guys!

5. Thank you for accepting me: You have never wished that I were another girl or that I was anyone else but me. You have loved and cared for me all the same since we met and have accepted everything about me.

6. Thank you for letting him be part of my family, too: He is so precious and loyal to my family and I have never wondered why because I have seen him with you and yours. We never fail to have the best time.

7. Thank you for teaching him how to treat a woman: He has never disrespected me, he is a good listener, forgiving, and patient. I know he gets all those traits from you raising him prior to our relationship. It has certainly paid off.

8. Thank you for teaching him to clean up after himself: It might even take a couple of days, but he always remembers how mom said to do it.

9. Thank you for trusting me with him: He's a momma's boy and I know he's so valuable to you. I try always to show you (and him) that I will do anything to make him happy and guard his heart.

10. Thank you for letting him love me and teaching him how to love at all: I have never felt so loved by anyone else in my entire life. Thank you for showing him love with your entire heart, so that he can love me with his.

You and I both know that we will probably always have to feed him, clean up the laundry, and remind of him of plans we made the day before, but all together we share a love for such an amazing man. I could never put into words how thankful I am that you brought such a handsome, supportive, precious, comforting, driven person into the world. Thank you for everything you do for him and for us!