To My Best Friend And Roommate

To My Best Friend And Roommate

Let's keep this awesomeness going.

10
To My Best Friend And Roommate
Megan Murphy

Dear Roommate and Best Friend,

Back in August, I wrote an article entitled "To My Future Roommate" about how I was happy we'd be rooming together, but also a little worried, given all the warnings we got that it might not work. Given that we've been living together for a few months now, I think we're doing pretty well. In fact, you wrote a gorgeous letter to me last week, thanking me for all the stuff I do for you.

I'd like to do the same for you.

Here is a massive thank you for all the things you've done for me over the last few months (and all the time before that).

Thank you for listening to me rant at the most random times about the most random things. I know my brain can sometimes go completely off track, and it's nice to know you don't mind when I suddenly change subjects. In that vein, thank you for tolerating, and even enjoying, my occasionally random train of thought.

Thank you for being my personal fashion consultant. I can be really indecisive, and you help me make that final decision to get me to pick something. And, with your approval on it, I know it will look good on me.

Thank you for fangirling with me over anything and everything. Our combined excitement is a force to be reckoned with some days.

Thank you for having faith in my writing abilities, and all of my abilities, in fact. Your faith in my competency is heartening, and it's nice to have someone there to tell you that no, you don't suck at this thing, you're actually pretty good.

Thank you for tolerating my messy side of the room. I know I'm not super neat, and I'm trying to improve, but you never call me out on the small stuff, and I really appreciate that.

Thank you for being my study buddy. I love those times when we're just each sitting on our own side of the room, silently enjoying each other's company while we do our homework, occasionally saying comments on our work, or asking a quick question for each other. Thank you for being the person I take breaks with, too. Our conversations during those quick study breaks are some of my favorite times.

Thank you for being there when I need you. Sometimes you're exactly the right person to make me feel better about whatever gets me down, and you're always there for a big ol' hug when I need one. Thank you for helping make our room a really safe space. Our room has become one of my favorite places, and I feel I can be entirely myself when I'm around you, no judgment whatsoever.

Thank you for everything. You're my best friend, and I don't regret a second of us living together. Here's to another semester and whatever comes after.

Love,

Your Roommate