Thank You To My Low Maintenance Friend
Friendships

Thank You To My Low Maintenance Friend

Thank you for making being your friend easy.

556
Thank You To My Low Maintenance Friend

At times, friendship can seem like more of a chore than what it's really worth. These types of friendships usually fade out and don't last a very long time. Occasionally, there are a few friends that even though you constantly have to be talking to in order to maintain a friendship, they still work. The best friends, however, are those that you don't have to work hard to keep. I'm talking about my low maintenance friend.

Thank you for being my easiest friendship, and my go-to girl. This friendship is one I can always count on. Whether I'm just calling you to come over and spend the night (when we both know I'll fall asleep after being there for an hour) or if I'm calling you for an impromptu visit, I genuinely appreciate our friendship. Our friendship isn't one where we talk every day or even every week for that matter. I can't help but laugh whenever people say, "Oh you still talk to her?"

We talk when we need each other, and the important thing is that we are always there when that time comes. We have never fought and that is because the friendship is so chill, that it just never seems necessary. The best part about our friendship is that we can so long without seeing each other or talking and when we finally do, it's like nothing has changed and we can still sit there and laugh for hours. Plus, let's be real our catch-up sessions are second to none.

It's not that our friendship is not sincere when we go so long without talking to or seeing one other. Life can get hectic. I think what makes our friendship so sincere is that we don't have to talk constantly or see each other a lot for that bond to still be there. You'll always be that friend that my mom asks if I've talked to in a while because she knows how we both are.

Because of how low maintenance our friendship is when I talk to you about other drama going on in my life you always help me keep it in perspective because you remind me how simple friendship should actually be. You still listen to me talk (complain), which I'm so grateful for. You make my life simpler.

Our friendship has been the one constant friendship throughout my entire life. I've never had to question it. You've always been someone that I could say absolutely anything to without a fear that it would be repeated. As teenage girls, that's a pretty cool friendship to have.

Thank you again for being the person I can always call. I know that nothing will ever change our friendship because of how long we have been friends. I am very lucky to be able to call you my friend.