20 Thoughts That Cross Your Mind When Deciding Whether to Stay In or Go Out

To go out, or not to go out, that is the question.

185

Most college students have experienced the dilemma of choosing to stay in or go out on a given night. The internal struggle of whether or not you should stay in and finish that accounting homework you’ve been putting off for the past few days, or enjoy a night out with a group of your closest friends, can be a tough one. While academics should always be your main priority, sometimes a house party or a night out at the bar is something that you just don’t want to miss. On the nights where you're conflicted about whether or not you should go out, your thought process may go a little something like this...

1. I have an 8 a.m. and I have homework to do, I should really stay in and get some of it done…
  2. But all my roommates are going out… Do I really want to be the loner sitting at home all night in this quiet, boring dorm?
  3. Well they're all leaving now and I'm still in the same t-shirt and shorts since this morning. Looks like I'm staying in. Bye guys!
  4. *opens calculus book and stares at first problem*
  5. OK definitely not in the mood to do calculus. Maybe I should go out...
  6. I could so get these five problems done if I wake up a little earlier before class tomorrow.
  7. But it’s already 8:30 p.m. and I’ve been watching "The Office" all day. I haven’t even showered yet.
  8. I'm so lazy, why couldn't I have showered within the past 10 hours when I was literally doing nothing???
  9. Welllll, the party is at Football. I mean I could shower and get ready super fast. Like a half hour, tops.
  10. No, no, no you’re being dumb! You have an 8 a.m. and have homework to do. Where are your priorities??
  11. But honestly, what will I look back at and laugh at more—the night I stayed in to do boring calculus homework or the night where I drunkenly danced around a football house basement, stubbed my toe, spilled my drink all over the cute quarterback, tripped down the stairs, while spending time with all my best friends?
  12. Only problem is how am I even going to even get there? Everyone’s already pre-gaming together and it’s so far.
  13. Wait, but maybe Mark is going to be there…
  14. I mean it's only 3 miles away and I didn't go to the gym today.
  15. Ugh Sam and Lindsey just called me yelling at me to go, and I can hear that Jason Derulo song blasting in the background. It’s like Jason Derulo is personally asking me to go out.
  16. FOMO. FOMO. FOMO.
  17. And the party theme is pajamas. That’s so convenient. I don’t even have to change when I get home—literally just hop right into bed.
  18. Alright, I think I may just go..
  19. It’s also a great excuse to order an entire pizza, for myself, and maybe eat most....or all.... of it.
  20. Alright, I'm sold. Time to shower.