To Girls On Their Senior Prom

To Girls On Their Senior Prom

This is the time of your life with your best friends, don't miss out on the best opportunity.

19
To Girls On Their Senior Prom
Megan Turner

There is a bit of insanity in dancing that does everybody a great deal of good. ~Edwin Denby

Your senior year is one of those times where everything seems to go by so slow or so fast. You are taking SATs and ACTs. You are receiving college acceptance letters and you are trying to figure out which school is going to be best for you. You are trying to find the perfect prom dress for your last prom ever. You are planning your grad-week because it’s the last time all your friends will be able to be in the same place at the same time and be able to have so much fun.

Other than graduation, everyone is excited for their senior prom. All of us girls want the perfect dress with the perfect shoes and the perfect makeup. But, most importantly we want the perfect date. We want that boy we’ve been crushing on your years to ask you. You want your high school sweetheart to ask you. You also might just want to go with your best girl friend.

Coming from a junior in college I remember all these things vividly. It was just an important and fun time. You were making dinner plans, picture times, limo reservations, and picking out what color tie and corsages you were going to wear. You were getting stressed out because you didn’t have your hair or makeup picked out. You were getting stressed because it was two weeks until the prom and your date still hasn’t gotten his tux.

But just breathe, everything is going to be okay. You will have the perfect dress. You will have the most beautiful makeup. Your hair will not fall out, it will look beautiful. Your date will get his tux and he will pick you up on time. You will make it to your picture place on time. You will have the best time of your senior year.

There are also things to remember when you are at your senior prom. Be crazy with your friends. Dance slow dances with your date. Take pictures with your favorite teachers. Take pictures with your best friends. Dance with your best friends. Go to the after party. Stay up all night. You only get to senior prom once.

Senior prom is the last time you get to look like princesses with all your best pals. Take it seriously... but not too seriously.

Oh, and don’t forget to breathe and have the best night ever.