To All Of The Hearts I Broke

To All Of The Hearts I Broke

You deserve to hear the cold-hearted truth.

11
To All Of The Hearts I Broke

To all the hearts I broke, even the ones with the tiniest of cracks,

I never meant to break any hearts. I am incredibly and deeply remorseful for hurting anyone. The sad truth in life is that you are either the heart breaker or the heart broken. I have had my share of being the heart broken and I promise you, I never wished that hurt on you or even my worse enemy.

If you are still harboring hard feelings, don't worry because your fellow males got me back for it later on in life! And I can guarantee I experienced unfortunate situations before I even met you.

Sometimes as girls we wonder if the person that hurt us thinks about us every now and then, but I can assure you that THIS girl definitely thinks about the guys she has hurt along the way. I know what it feels like to have your heart stomped on and to feel unwanted. I am terribly sorry that I caused you any pain or heartache.

If you know me at all, I am an extremely compassionate person. One of my super powers is the ability to imagine myself in someone else's shoes. So, I 100 percent mean it when I say:

"The pain I inflicted lingers on my mind much longer than it did yours, especially after you have moved on."

For the longest time I might even blamed myself. I was angry at myself for hurting someone else as I had been hurt before. You could have forgiven me, but it took me much longer to forgive myself.

People date for many reasons. Some are careless, but if someone is serious, then they look for a compatible partner that will complete them . This is the meaning of "the other half." Dating is trial and error, and if one person realizes that it is not meant to be, then the relationship must be terminated. It is not fair to either person to continue on a dead end. Even though this is the cruel truth, someone will end up crushed if the ending is not mutual. Attempting to explain heart break to someone who is unfamiliar with the concept, is hopeless. It is indescribable,yet many have tried to explain the heart wrenching phenomenon.

At some point, we have to be selfish and accept the fact a relationship is not working. One must decide to part ways, and only the lucky ones can be friends later in life. I am forever grateful for the ones I reconnected with. And to the boys I no longer talk to, I still think about you every once in a while.

We all are heart breakers. We all have the vulnerability to have our heart broken as well, even though we don't want to admit that.

I have been a heart breaker and broken-hearted. Out of all of those experiences, I am still a person that continues to love the people around her. That is all anyone can ever ask for. So forgive the ones that have hurt you and forgive yourself for hurting someone else. Being petty and resentful will get you no where in life.

Again, I regret breaking anyone's heart and I am so sorry for it. Not only have I hurt the ones I dated, but in the past I have also hurt friends and family members too. Unfortunately, not everyone will apologize, but I refuse to be that person. No one deserves to have their heart crushed, and yet it is a necessary evil in order for us all to grow while we search for the right person in our lives.

Love,

The girl who still cares about you.