TMZ Is Actual Garbage-Here's Why

TMZ Is Actual Garbage-Here's Why

After the events that transpired this weekend, I think we all should agree on this one

360
TMZ Is Actual Garbage-Here's Why

Okay, don't get me wrong I think journalism is a great thing. It helps our country be well informed on current topics and it helps us get our little dose of gossip every once and a while but what happened this weekend...It crossed a line in my opinion.

After Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gigi's tragic death on Sunday, the family hadn't even been informed yet and TMZ reported FALSE information about his death. They reported initially that it was only Kobe that died when there were 7 other people on that helicopter and they didn't know all the details before blasting the internet with the news.

There is a clear lack of empathy for the people's lives that were impacted by these deaths and it makes me SO angry. Who do they think they are releasing information knowing that the families of these people hadn't been notified? It's garbage. I couldn't imagine hearing that my family members were killed in an accident on some stupid tabloid before hearing from the police. I wouldn't even believe it at first and would probably call my family members to joke about it. Then realize slowly that they were right... This wasn't a joking matter and TMZ took this information and didn't think about anything but the money they'd make from being the first to break the news when they didn't have all the information.

Are you kidding? Again, these are people's lives. Celebrities always seem larger than life and untouchable to many people but they are still people! They still have families and friends and people who know them well. I couldn't even imagine what his wife and three daughters are going through as well as the families of the other people who died in the helicopter crash. I just don't understand why making a quick buck is more important than having empathy for the family and friends of the deceased. I get it we live in a capitalist society... but still, it doesn't make what happened right in any way.