We Hate Drama But Follow TMZ

Why Do We Claim To Hate Drama, But Follow Sites Like TMZ?

How can we hate our own drama, but invest our time in celebrity messes?

35
https://www.facebook.com/372139586202593/photos/a.550364425046774/1491611454255395/?type=3&theater

Drama. Even just reading that word you can probably already connect some experience or another you've had with it. In any form, it is always annoying. Nobody actually enjoys drama and all the negativity that comes with it.

Anybody who is truly minding their own business will ignore details spread about people irrelevant to their life, they won't sit and entertain the conversation, and they definitely won't spread it further. We can all agree on this right?

But have you ever thought The Shaderoom, TMZ, hollywoodnews, and any other celebrity gossip platforms are prime examples of drama? Sure, it's not the business and rumors spread about somebody you know personally, but no matter how much money that person has, they are still a person with just as much baggage as any one of us.

As a society, we claim to hate the negativity that comes along with gossip but we get so wrapped up in these celebrity scandals. We are conditioned to believe it is just news, we become interested and even talk about it with other people around us.

We repost this stuff on social media, we make assumptions based on what we've heard, we create opinions, and then push the stories further into the light.

We are always caught up on which celebrities are beefing, one detail on a celebrity's life is released and every news site is covering it. Their every moves flood our feeds, it is almost impossible to miss it. But remove the fact that these people have fame, and it is still their business, their drama, and their scandals. If we hated drama, we'd ignore or brush off these types of accusations, but when it's on a larger scale we accept and encourage it.

The accounts reporting about this stuff thrive solely off the fact that we entertain the mess. Half of the rumors are exaggerated or untrue, to begin with, and we just spread this cycle of negative energy on social media, within our personal lives, and take the focus off the things that really matter. These are all distractions to our life and add no real value to anything.

At the end of the day, celebrities are still people too, so why do we really care?

Think about that the next time you waste your time reading up about who cheated on who.