After being in a relationship for a little over five and a half years, I have been accustomed to being asked: "don't you guys get tired of each other?!?!"
And honestly, the answer is no.
A lot of people say, "if you know, you know" and I don't think that could be more accurate. We have been in each other's lives since eighth grade and we have been through almost everything together. He is my partner in crime, my shoulder to cry on, my best friend, my person, and my soul mate.
When you find your person, God put you together to be together forever, so you should never get tired or bored with each other. Of course, sometimes you need to spend time alone or with other friends but every day should be another adventure and another day where you love each other more, not where you start getting bored.
If you are bored in your relationship, they are not the one. Every time we are together we miss each other the second we leave and start counting down the days until we can see each other again. Even if we are just sitting on the couch, watching tv, it is still some of my favorite times with him. You don't need to go on expensive dates every day, just enjoy life's simple pleasures. Spend time with them doing homework, go to family game nights, support their cousins' soccer games—make every second spent together fun in some way. Sometimes just laying next to each other is enough.
If we all got tired of our S.O. after a few years then no one would ever have a successful marriage.
I know that if you find "the one" your relationship should never be boring. Every day should be a new day together where you can love each other more. Appreciate each other and make sure you let them into your life so you can grow together.
Although we have already spent five and a half amazing years together we still cannot wait to see what our future holds together. We appreciate doing the little things together even if it I just grocery shopping or baking something because it is just more time we get to spend together and I would never pass that up.
- The 80/20 Rule Of Relationships ›
- 5 Signs Your Long-term Relationship Is STILL Going Strong ›
- Why I Don't Believe In Love ›
- The Science Of Missing Someone ›
- Let's Stop Celebrating Singleness ›
- 11 Weird Milestones In Long-Term Relationships ›
- Tinder-Tired? Hop On Hinge ›
- 8 Mini-Milestones Your Long-Term Relationship Is Destined To Reach ›
- When You Feel Like Your Partner Doesn't Put Enough Effort Into The ... ›
- 10 Little Things In Long-Term Relationships That Mean The Most ›
- Relationship Advice: How to Get Out of a Rut | Greatist ›
- 'My partner is too stressed for sex and I'm feeling rejected' ›
- Relationship Advice: Am I Bored or Should We Break Up? | Greatist ›
- I am tired of being a Jewish man's rebellion - The Washington Post ›
- How to Decide When to End a Long-term Relationship - Steve Pavlina ›
- 4 Signs It's Time to End a Long-Term Relationship | HuffPost ›
- 17 Things To Do When You Get Bored In Your Relationship ›
- How to have sex with the same person for the rest of your life | Life ... ›
- 11 Things No One Tells You About Long-Term Relationships That ... ›
- Are You Tired of Him (or Her)? | Psychology Today ›