Tips On Packing For A Weekend Trip

Tips On Packing For A Weekend Trip

"No, packing does not have to be stressful!"

28
Tips On Packing For A Weekend Trip

Let’s face it… Packing for a trip can be stressful. Most of us tend to over-pack our suitcase before any sort of trip. Whether we are going on a mini vacation for the weekend or visiting some friends at college, our suitcase tends to overflow with items that will most likely not leave the bag. Here are some tips on keeping your bag small with basic essentials to get you through the weekend!

The first and probably most important step in packing is making a list. A packing list will help you stay organized. It is important to know what the weather will be at your destination. Make sure you have an idea so you can easily prepare what types of clothes will be most beneficial to bring. Be cognizant of the different events, activities and adventures you will be going on. Tip: Make sure you know the plans at your final destination ahead of time. This will help you eliminate a few articles of clothing you would have brought otherwise.

Pack basic articles of clothing. Simple can go a long way. By packing solid color pieces of clothing, you can expand the amount of different outfit combinations you can wear on your trip. That plain black flowy tee is always a good idea and can be worn with anything. I like to throw a jean jacket and a cute hat for a fun day of exploring and then dress it up with a leather jacket and bold statement necklace for a night out in town. As fun as patterns can be, they tend to be difficult to match when you are only bringing a few clothes. Stick with basic tees that you can mix and match with your outfits. Even adding a scarf will make it look like the shirt you have worn since yesterday is a whole new outfit! Tip: I like to plan my outfits for each day before my trip; this way I do not constantly think, “if only I brought that with me.”

Shoes! One of the most critical items you will bring on your trip is your shoes. This can make you or break you. I swear I do not know how many times I have been left with blisters and bandaged up feet because of the shoes I packed. Let me tell you that your first mistake is packing a pair of shoes you have never worn but are “so cute.” Save the shoes for a time when you can save your feet because your trunk is filled with 15 other pairs of shoes you can change into. On vacation, you are stuck with the ones you brought with. Think comfortable. I would recommend keeping it simple, two pairs of shoes max. Remember it is only a weekend you are gone. Tip: Wear your heavier pair of shoes the day of travel so you can keep your suitcase light with the other pair of shoes.

Toiletries are an essential part to going anywhere. Instead of packing your entire shampoo/ conditioner bottle, take the mini travel size bottles with you. This will save you so much room inside your suitcase. Take the products that are important for everyday use like your toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo/conditioner, and deodorant. Along with this, if you are flying make sure you are aware of the TSA regulations so that your toiletries do not get confiscated. Tip: I keep my toiletries simple when I’m traveling because I know that if I need anything I can always stop at Walgreens and pick up something I may have forgotten.

As stressful as the packing process can be, it only makes the reality of your weekend trip that much closer to wait for. Not over-packing will make your life a lot easier for your weekend away. Relax and have fun on your weekend adventure!