Tips on How to Shop On a Budget

Tips on How to Shop On a Budget

Never pay full price for anything unless absolutely necessary.

9
Tips on How to Shop On a Budget
youmeandbooks

We all love to shop but hate to spend our money. With bills, loans, and everything else to pay saving cash is important. This doesn’t mean that you can’t buy the clothes, shoes and accessories that you have been wanting. Here are some times to help you shop on a budget:

Department Stores

Department stores may seem as if they carry items out of your price range, but once you learn the ins and outs of each store they become an affordable place to shop in.

Kohl’s

One of the best department stores is Kohl’s. They always have some kind of coupons or Kohl’s Cash available. The best part is, most of the time you can use these on already reduced items and their sale sections have endless items to choose from. Make sure to use the scanners to price check. Almost always the actual price is lower than what it is labeled to be. Rarely do I ever buy anything for over 15 dollars here but be careful! You find a lot of items and it begins to add up.

Macy’s

Macy’s is another great department store to buy brand name items at. They are also a great store for coupons. They always are having some kind of sale or distributing some kind of coupons, making those name brands more affordable. Sale sections are the key in departments stores. Expensive brands like Free People and Steve Madden are often on sale here and provide you with opportunities to get lower prices on items that you usually wouldn’t spend money on.

Famous department stores also have different outlet stores. These stores are the spot to shop for extremely discounted name brand items.

Nordstrom Rack

An outlet store for Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack includes all the brands that are sold at Nordstrom, but for a much cheaper price. Having everything ranging from clothes to housewares it is an ideal place to get those brand name items for a fraction of the price. Also, the shoe selection here is incredible and very affordable.

Saks Off 5th

Following the same concept of Nordstrom Rack, Saks off 5th is an outlet store for Saks 5th Avenue. Having more exclusive name brands than Nordstrom the prices are a just a little higher, but nothing too crazy. If you’re looking to splurge on designer items, this is the place to shop for them and not spend too much.

Outlet Stores

Regular stores often have outlet stores as well. These can be found mainly in outlet malls. Throughout the year the prices at these stores are much lower than the original price, but the best time to shop at outlets are on holidays. The prices and sales are at their best during holidays like Labor Day and Black Friday. The crowds may be insane, but they are definitely worth the deals you could get.

Discount Stores

Discount Stores are another place to shop if you want cute and affordable items. These stores are known for their cheap prices on designer items, but that’s not all provide for shoppers on a budget.

Marshalls and T.J. Maxx

Two discount stores to live by are Marshalls and T.J. Maxx. Although it may seem overwhelming seeing rows and rows of clothes, there are easier ways to look through and find exactly what you’re looking for. Instead of looking at each individual piece of clothing, look for colors. Think of the colors you like and the colors you need in your wardrobe and skim through the isles for them. Also, look in every section and every size. Since the clothes are all different brands, this means all the sizes run differently so if you’re a medium in one brand it’s possible you can be a small or a large in another brand.

Emails

If you’re looking to shop in regular stores, being on their email lists is a great way to know when they’re having sales right when they begin. They also often send their coupons through emails especially when you first sign up. A lot of stores give you a discount just for signing up for their rewards system or email listings. Also, when it’s your birthday some stores will send you a birthday coupon. Birthday coupons can be used for food and drink stores too. If you don’t want to be bombarded with emails on your account it may be easier to create an email account just for your stores and another for personal and business related affairs.

Thrift Stores

Thrift stores have become more and more popular over the past couple years for their unique clothes and low prices. These are the type of stores that you really need to search through and the color method could help. Have an open mind too when shopping in thrift stores. You can buy items and alter them to create your own pieces. Since the prices are so low, you won’t feel bad cutting the clothes apart. Thrift Stores are also a great place to buy books. Books are usually all under five dollars.

AmazonSmile

Although AmazonSmile may not provide a discount on their items, it’s an opportunity to give back while still feeding your shopping addiction. AmazonSmile allows you to pick the charity of your choice, and every purchase that is made on your account a portion is donated to that charity. AmazonSmile is still run by the Amazon company and the prices on the site aren’t raised to accommodate your donation. Since almost everyone spends way too much money on Amazon, it is a no brainer to shop on AmazonSmile and contribute to a good cause.