6 Tips For Your Job Hunt

6 Tips To Simplify Your Job Hunt

Don't forget these tips when looking for your dream job.

22
6 Tips To Simplify Your Job Hunt

Many students are graduating from college this year, which means lots of college graduates are getting started with their job searches around this time. This tends to stress out a lot of people, and I understand. With the job market being so over saturated today, it seems like getting a job in 2019 is nearly impossible. Don't fret too much about your job search, because you dream job is just around the corner. There are a few tips for a job hunt that most people tend to forget, so why not think about these six tips for your job hunt before you start applying?

1. Make yourself an obvious fit for the job.

This may take a little bit of preparation before stepping foot into an interview. Companies are going to look for people who can make a benefit for them, so researching the company and visiting their website beforehand can give you some background about the company and can help you determine whether or not your are a good fit for the job. Plus, knowledge about the company can make you stand out to employers.

2. Don't limit yourself to online applications.

This one may be a little bit more difficult, since everything is done online these days. However, there may be that rare chance that one company has an application that needs to be mailed in or given in person. If you ever find a job to apply for within your interest like that, take advantage of them and apply for them!

3. Modify your resume as much as you can.

Whether you need to reword a few parts or use specific key words, modifying your resume will get you as many job opportunities you can get. Your resume does not have to only be updated when you have a new job lined up, but it can be updated in some of the smallest ways such as what is listed above.

4. Don't bore your interviewer.

One of the most important pieces of advice that anyone should follow during job interviews is to look their best, dress business professional, and make sure your hair and makeup look professional. This does not mean that you have to bore your interviewer during your interview process. Remember to smile and ask questions during your interview, since it often means that you are excited to work for them and are engaged in the interview.

5. Create a LinkedIn account.

This is more than likely the most obvious piece of advice on the list; if you don't have a LinkedIn account, you pretty much do not exist to any employers. This is where you can put all your job history, even those that you will not be able to put on your resume, so take as much advantage of LinkedIn as you can. Plus, if an employer is trying to find an employee on LinkedIn in your area and you're not on the search, they will end up hiring someone else.

6. Send a thank you note after the interview.

When you're finished with an interview, the best thing you can do is send a thank you email to your interviewer no more than twenty-four hours after the interview. It should be professional, but not sound robotic, and it should express your interest in working with the company.