6 Tips For Surviving Sorority Recruitment

Recruitment season is upon us.

11

Sorority recruitment season is upon us. If you are currently going through recruitment, these are some tips to keep in mind for the next couple of days. But, for those of you who haven’t started the process yet, these tips are essential! Recruitment is fun, but only if you are really taking care of yourself. So, I have compiled a list of what I think are the most important things to do during the whole recruitment process.

1. DRINK WATER

It may seem like such a simple thing, but a lot of girls fail to drink enough water. If it is offered to you at the sorority you are at, take it. Nobody will judge you. In fact, it is actively encouraged to take water or whatever refreshment is offered. If you are really smart, you will bring a water bottle to carry with you in between houses.

2. Try to keep a positive attitude

I am guilty of not always following this rule, but the whole process is 1000% more enjoyable if you think positively. If, after every day, you think to yourself “I hate this more than anything I have ever hated before,” the following days of rush will drag by at a snail’s pace. Also, people do notice if you have a poor attitude.

3. SLEEP

This rule is also in all capital letters because, like drinking water, it is one of the most important things to do during recruitment. Getting more sleep means that you are more awake and ready to tackle the day in front of you. It also means that you are probably less stressed. Make sure to take care of yourself during this stressful period of time.

4. Ask questions!

This is more for those of you actually going through recruitment, but if you have a question about the sorority you are at, definitely ask it. Asking questions shows that you are really interested in the house and would like to get to know some aspect of it better. I honestly love it when girls ask me about my house; it gives me the opportunity to highlight something that they might not have heard about our house yet. So, ask away!

5. Bring comfortable walking shoes

Each day gets progressively more formal, so make sure that you don’t compromise comfort for style. Bring comfortable walking shoes that you can just throw into a purse or bag when you get to a sorority. Your feet will definitely thank you later.

6. Take a breather

Recruitment is a lot. So, for the sake of your mental health, put on your favorite song or put yourself in your happy place whenever you have time. Doing so will leave you in a better mood and you will probably feel more prepared to continue the process.

Whether you’re in a sorority now or are going through recruitment, these are some of the things that I think are important to keep in mind. Because recruitment is such a stressful process, it is very important that you make sure to take care of yourself. This means taking breaks to recharge and making sure that you are hydrated. Doing so will ensure that you have the best experience possible. With these tips and tricks in mind, have a fun and safe recruitment!