dating advice for young couples

10 Pro Tips For Young Lovebirds, From The Couple Spending Their 5th Year Together

Valentine's Day shouldn't be the only day of the year where you shower your partner with love and affection.

412
Kaylee Clever

Legend says in order to keep your relationship fun and fresh, you should never stop dating each other. Valentine's Day shouldn't be the only day of the year where you shower your partner with love and affection.

Realistically, this can be more challenging as you grow older together, as you're of the "honeymoon" phase. Just because your relationship isn't brand new doesn't mean that your spark still isn't alive! Relationships can be tough but become so much easier when you're with the right person.

Make date night a priority at least once a month

Go out to dinner or see a movie! Let's start treating every day like Valentine's Day. Okay, maybe not EVERY DAY, but you feel me.

Never stop trying to win each other over

There was a time where you two were so head-over-heels, crazy about each other, who says that ever has to stop?

Do something that takes you out of your comfort zone

Show each other that you still care about each other by doing what the other person wants to do for fun! Make sure you're BOTH participating every so often so that you stay mutual, and not always doing what one person wants to do all of the time.

Never stop dating each other

Expanding more on #2, never stop appreciating. Like wine, it should get better over time. They're your partner, your best friend, your everything! Treat them as such, always. You're in this together!

Try new things together

Whether it be weekend getaways or trying new restaurants, trying new things together creates a memory you'll never forget. Recently, we just booked our first big vacation and we can't wait to start traveling together and eventually explore the world!

Keep capturing the moment

There will never be a time where you look back and regret taking pictures, especially as you grow older together. I love looking back on our first year of dating just to see how much we’ve grown!

Keep an open line of communication

The one might be the most important on the list. I cannot stress this enough. If something's bothering you, on your mind, or you're curious about, how will it ever get resolved if you don't open up and talk about it? Bottling something up is the key to a disaster, and we avoid it at all costs. My boyfriend and I made it a rule early on in the relationship always say what’s on your mind.

Always say "I love you" before bed

Never go to bed angry, there's no point in ending the night being miserable together.

Be able to adapt in change for one another

You'll always have to work together as you each become different people as you grow older. You're not going to be the same person you were when you were younger, so allow yourself to grow, and help your partner see their growth within you.

Talk about your future

Personally, I don't see the point in dating for a long period of time if you don't follow it up with full commitment. Talk about your hopes, dreams, and futures together. Find a way that you can achieve your goals together.

Finding your person in this world is unlike anything I could've ever imagined. We've spent five crazy years together and I wouldn't have changed them for anything in the universe.