8 Tips For Maintaining A Long-Distance Relationship In College

8 Tips For Making The Most Of Your Long-Distance Relationship So It Can Actually Last In College

Isn't dating hard enough?

1997

Relationships are complicated enough on their own without adding long-distance to the equation. Whether you're going to college for the first time, the last time, or your significant other is leaving to go far away to school, these things can help you two feel connected, even if you're hundreds or thousands of miles apart.

1. Netflix Party

Watch a movie or TV show together using the Netflix Party extension on your computer! That way you can watch it together at the exact same time, which helps make the distance feel just a bit smaller.

2. FaceTime or Zoom calls

This one should go without saying, but FaceTime and video calls are a must for a long-distance relationship! But a fun idea to make video calls a more momentous event is to add your friends and/or family to the call as well! It can be nice to talk to all of your loved ones at once while you're away!

3. Bond Touch bracelets

Bond Touch bracelets will allow you to tell one another exactly when you're thinking of them, without even picking up your phone! Their pairs of bracelets are synced up, so that when one of you touches the band, the other one, that your S/O is wearing, buzzes, to let them know you're thinking of them!

4. Make playlists for each other

You can either make and send them a playlist of songs that remind you of them, or you can send them individual songs that you hear that you think they'll like, or that made you think of them!

5. Write each other letters

Texts and phone calls are great, of course, but it means so much when you take the time to write down your feelings on paper and send it to them!

6. Send care packages

If you wanna take sending letters to another level, then try a care package! You can start a box and just add things that you want to send them as time goes on, and once it's full, you can send it to that special person of yours! Don't forget a card!

7. Make a list of things to do when you're back together

Planning fun dates and activities for when you're reunited increases the excitement for seeing each other again, and helps positively distract you both from not being able to see one another for a while.

8. Schedule routine phone calls

It can be a great routine event to look forward to if you schedule a time every week or every day to call each other! Time differences can make this especially hard, so make sure that if you commit to something like this, then you stick to it!

Remember the distance is temporary! You'll be back in each other's arms soon enough!

Follow Swoon on Instagram.