Tips For Finding The Meaning Of Life
Life Stages

20 Precepts To Adopt When You're Seeking The Meaning Of Life

As Stephen King said, "the scariest moment is always just before you start."

98

We all go through life trying to find the true meaning of it. There are so many different beliefs as to what the real meaning of life is or what it should be.

What do I believe?

You see, I believe that each individual human being is brought into this world for a reason. That no person is born without a purpose in the world. However, each path taken by these individuals and each meaning of life they discover is different. For me, I believe that the meaning of life is to simply be alive. To strive to be the most authentic and true version of yourself. You cannot achieve something beyond yourself, you just simply have to live fully with the life you are given. After 18 years of life I've picked up 20 precepts along the way and that I might not know everything, but I do know a lot.

1. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

2. Apologize.

3. Be honest.

4. Love with your whole heart.

5. Do things passionately, or not at all.

6. Don't say maybe if you want to say no.

7. Be yourself.

8. Never settle for less than what you deserve.

9. Travel; life is not meant to be lived in one place.

10. Save money.

11. Always say thank you.

12. Hold doors open for others.

13. It's OK to rest, but never quit.

14. Work for everything that you want.

15. Take the risks.

16. Music will NEVER disappoint you.

17. Always carry water with you.

18. Be present.

19. Choose your friends wisely.

20. And remember that this life is 100% yours, it is what you make of it.

If the whole world realized that in this life you have is truly what you make of it, imagine all of the things people would stop being so scared to do. People would quit that job they hate and stop settling for less than what they deserve. So if you take anything from this article remember that this life is exactly what you make of it. Don't be afraid to try new things and step out of your comfort zone.