11 Times The Grinch Was The Ultimate Introvert

Brilliant! You reject your own nose because it represents the glitter of commercialism.

592
whats-on-netflix.com

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is the movies, because honestly, some of the greatest works of cinematic history are Christmas movies. "Elf" makes me laugh hysterically (if you can get through this post without a giggle you have no soul). "It’s A Wonderful Life" makes me cry (and also ring every bell I can find because all of you sweet little angels deserve wings, @Clarence). "Home Alone" (only one and two, the others ruined it) makes me wonder why I was such an incompetent 8-year-old. "The Holiday" makes me want to pick up and move to a small cottage in the English country side (Jude Law, where are you?). The fact that ABC Family has an entire 25 days devoted to Christmas movies is a true celebration in itself (bless you for playing a "Harry Potter" film every three hours).

While all of these movies are amazing and joyful and triumphant (lolz), I am not sure any of them can touch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," because it is a masterpiece. Why is it a masterpiece? Among probably hundreds of reasons, a large one is that the Grinch is the ultimate introvert, and he gets me.

Case and point. You make a sick lair (looking at you, couches), and post up. Why would you ever need to leave?

The Grinch just gets it. Even though it's hard, sometimes you have to face the world and remind it that you exist.

If you're going to make the big step and go out into society, you better look good. People might not see you for a long time after this. Plus, like, pictures.

OMG, I have nothing to wear -- great excuse to not go.

Your fridge and pantry is your favorite part of your house (well maybe besides your bed). Never leave me!

Being home alone is a vicious cycle of YOLO snack time every hour on the hour and immediate self-loathing after when your sweatpants get tight. Oops.

You make yourself a priority because me-time is the best time. (Also, this whole rant is incredible.)

Your pet is probably your best friend because you can talk to them about everything, they love you unconditionally, and they are probably right there lying in bed with you.

You get anxiety when people invite you to do things because yay humans but also ugh humans.

People are the worst. I mean not all of you but kind of.

People might try to make you social, but seriously, Imma do me and be really happy about it, so bai.