Time Is Constantly Fleeting

Time Is Constantly Fleeting

...and so is your life.

272
Time Is Constantly Fleeting

Time is constantly fleeting.

We live in a world where we are constantly waiting for the next moment, waiting for time to pass us by. We can't wait for the next big thing to come our way or for our lives to get better. We hope for another moment to show us that "[T]he grass [really] is greener on the other side." We're constantly led on by the misconception that if we just wait, our life will change, our life will finally be better. I hate to break it to the world, but even that moment is fleeting.

Living in the now, truly living life by simply being present is the best way to get the most out of life. If you're constantly hoping and waiting for the next moment to pass you by, it's highly likely that you're missing out on the beauty life has to offer. And, you're most definitely living with the unknown truth that you have missed opportunities. Waiting for life to pass you by is probably, in all honesty, what's holding you back.

"The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn." - William C. Hannan

Life is what you put into it, so make the most of it. If you live your life constantly hoping for the next few hours or days or weeks to fly by, your life has become a series of fleeting moments. Your life has become something that's wished away because you wished so much that the time would just pass by. You can't possibly live a joyous life if you're constantly wishing it away. So, get up. Make a change. Stop wishing your life away. Live a life fully in the present, and be joyous.

"The trouble is you think you have time." - Buddha

You think you have time. You think you have plenty of moments. You don't realize time is fleeting. You don't realize every moment you think you have is fleeting. We live in a here today, gone tomorrow world, and, unfortunately, that's not changing. We don't always have time. We don't always have the next moment. We're not promised any time; the only time we have is now, in the present moment.

"There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do, and mostly live." - Dalai Lama

That's right... This is a Carpe Diem article. I'm begging you to make the most of your time while you still can. I want you to realize that each moment in this short time we have on earth is beautiful. We have to make the most of the opportunities we are given. We have to take a good look at our lives as they really are and ask ourselves, "Am I truly living in the moment?" If you are, wonderful! Keep doing what you're doing, and never look back. If you're not, well, it's time to make a change. Live in the moment. Live now. Seize the day.