TikTok Is The New Vine
Technology

TikTok Is The New Vine And You Need To Deal With It

It's not Musical.ly anymore.

200

Everyone has said how terrible Tik Tok is at least once in their lives. Even me, someone who once made fun of the little previews that you would see on snapchat as they all seemed as ridiculous as an air guitar. Who would want to sit and watch people lip-sync songs for hours a day. Not me, and to be honest I still don't. Then people started comparing it to Vine to try and explain it. As someone who had downloaded Vine when it first came out, I was a little insulted. How could a lip sync competition be anything like the beloved Vine that I still watch compilation videos of? But that's not what TikTok is anymore.

TikTok has started to evolve from its original name of 'Musical.ly.' It is now more of a Vine vibe and I refuse to believe differently. While it's not completely the same (for example: no 7-second time limit). It does allow users to create videos using their own background as well as other people's sounds from videos already made on the app, not just songs.

I started watching TikTok as a complete joke because my roommate's little sister had created an account and from there, I found the 'For You' page. Where the most popular TikToks at the time circle through. I quickly started to look through the app more and more for longer and longer amount of times.

Don't get me wrong, there were some that were still lip syncing which I would just slide by, but the majority were videos that were at least captions showing a different point of views or people telling quick, funny stories.

So, to any of you who may be missing Vine as much as I do, give TikTok a chance. While it does take a bit of getting used to and isn't exactly Vine, it is worth a shot. If you decide it's not for you, Vine compilations will always be waiting.