23 Throwback Songs Every Frat Party Needs To Play At Least Once

Throwbacks for your aching nostalgia for growing up in the 2000s and because sometimes you don't just wanna hear the same overplayed songs on the radio.

6952
Spotify

Have you ever gotten so sick of what is played at a frat party that you just wanna walk right up to the AUX, punch the DJ in the face (just kidding) and play the RIGHT music? The top frat songs that are usually what's hot right now and some hip-hop/ rap mixed in. Since our generation is so nostalgic for the time when we were in middle school. (Let's face it, no one actually wants to go back to those days of juicy sweatsuits and monkeys literally everywhere)

Here are some songs that should actually be on the radar of every frat DJ and should be considered the best frat party songs instead of the junk on the radio nowadays.

Let's kick it back to the mid to late 2000s and party like it's 2009.

1. Mr. Brightside- The Killers

If you've been to a Frat party you've heard this more than enough times but it NEVER gets old and if you're sick of it, you don't deserve to hear it.

2. Hey Ya- OutKast

12/10 always a party- pleaser and it's definitely not played as much as everyone certainly wants it to be.

S&M- Rihanna

BY FAR the most inappropriate song played on the radio when I was a youngin'. I knew it was dirty but wouldn't admit that I actually had no idea, so when I looked it up...You get the idea. Still a banger though (no pun intended).

4. Tongue Tied- Grouplove

This song is sure to get you in a better mood even when you're in a bad mood. An absolute jam and a will get everyone singing along. If the title doesn't seem to familiar, look it up, realize what song it is and enjoy.

5. Down- Jay Sean and Lil Wayne

It's funny how songs like this remind us so much of our childhood, because really, WHAT did we even listen to when we were about 10? Did we understand the songs? No. Did we only care about the beats? Yes.

6. California Gurls- Katy Perry

Popular Opinion: Katy Perry's peak was during her "California Gurls" and "I Kissed a Girl" days.

7. Eenie Meenie- Justin Bieber, Sean Kingston

Can't make up your mind on what song to play? Eenie Meenie is the perfect throwback, and since girls are so hard to please at parties, this will definitely work.

DONTTRUSTME- 3OH3!

If this song doesn't remind you of summer of 08, you're too young. We may have not understood what it meant but it was a bop nonetheless

9. Let It Rock- Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil Wayne

A lot of the good throwback songs came out in 2008, what can I say?

11. Your Love Is My Drug- Ke$ha

Classic, glitter- obsessed, and crazy Ke$ha we all began to know in the new decade of the 2010's. Once again, we had no idea what any of her lyrics meant because most of her fans were around the age of 12-14. This was my jam when I was that age and I'm pretty sure I downloaded it on my phone that had the three letters correlating to a number. Remember those phones kids?

11. Knock You Down- Keri Hilson featuring Kanye West, Ne-Yo

I feel like this is an underrated song and it should be played a lot more. Kanye, Ne-Yo, and Keri Hilson are all emblems of the late 2000's and the collab was everything in 2009.

12. Girlfriend- Avril Lavigne

Anyone else remember the whole entire dance to "Girlfriend" on Just Dance? No, just me?

13. Replay- Iyaz

It's so catchy and it can easily get stuck in your head. The method to getting it out of your head? Replay it. (This is not proven but it probably works)

14. Fire Burning- Sean Kingston

Sean Kingston is another HUGE artist from the 2000's music generation and I wouldn't say he's a legend but he's put out some pretty good bops.

15. Only Girl(In the World)- Rihanna

Even though it's about wanting to feel like being the only girl in the world, I'm pretty sure dudes can jam just as hard as girls can. Rihanna is for the people

16. Yea 3x- Chris Brown

I wonder how "Yeas" are actually said in this song.

17. Like A G6- Far East Movement

Did anyone even know what a G6 was when this song came out? Or was it a cheese stick?

18. Evacuate the Dancefloor (Radio Edit)- Cascada

Why would you wanna evacuate the dance floor when this sick beat comes on?

19. Crazy in Love- Beyonce

Everyone loves a lil throwback Yonce.

20. Tonight Tonight- Hot Chelle Rae

I'm pretty sure this is the start to when every song is about "tonight is the last night and you have to live it up".

21. You Make Me Feel- Cobra Starship

Do you remember where you were when you first heard this? I'm pretty sure I was in Limited Too.

22. Good Girls Go Bad- Cobra Starship (featuring Leighton Meester)

Before we (we meaning the people who were too young to watch gossip girl at the time) were introduced to Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf were were introduced to her as a "good girl gone bad".

23. Dynamite- Taio Cruz

It'd be lit to hear this song at a frat party. Okay I'll stop using puns in my descriptions.

From Your Site Articles