Think back to your awkward middle-school days. The first kiss, Razr phones, braces, Hollister and Abercrombie t-shirts... you get the picture. I know I definitely didn't peak in middle school, but the music scene definitely did. Thinking back on music between the years of 2006 - 2009, I honestly can't think of a song that I don't still know most of the words to. These songs are the first songs we truly chose to listen to on our own and will be telling our grandchildren about, calling them "the oldies" and reminiscing about our childhood. These songs were the best for so many reasons, but I can guarantee most of you completely forgot about them, until now.
1. "Replay" by Iyaz
Shawty's like a melody in my head
2. "In My Head" by Jason Derulo
Before he started Talking Dirty (ha)
3. "Promiscuous" by Nelly Furtado
Nelly Furtado is still every boy's dream girl
4. "Grillz" by Nelly
*Insert gum wrapper grillz*
5. "Unfaithful" by Rihanna
The best song before her interesting turn....
6. "Ms. New Booty" by Bubba Sparxxx
Booty Booty Booty Booty
7. "Smack That" by Akon
Best song for awkward middle school dances
8. "Show Stopper" by Danity Kane
Thank you Making the Band
9. "No Air" by Jordin Sparks
How are you supposed to breath with no air, Jordin?
10. "Sexy Can I" by Ray J
At least he asked...
11. "Clumsy" by Fergie
You got me trippin, stumblin, flippin, fumblin
12. "Dirty Little Secret" by All American Rejects
Flashback to Jon Tucker Must Die
13. "Buy U A Drank" by T-Pain
I mean.... if you insist.
14. "Tie Me Down" by New Boyz
For all you single people out there
15. "Teenagers" by My Chemical Romance
Reminiscing about my years as a punk-rock enthusiast...
16. "The Great Escape" by Boys Like Girls
What happened to them?!?
17. "The Anthem" by Good Charlotte
When Etnies, Hot Topic, and being Emo were things
18. "Knock You Down" by Keri Hilson
Just get back up when it knocks you down
19. "Kiss Me Thru the Phone" by Soulja Boy
20. "Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard
Before sleeping all day, staying up all night became a reality for us
Now go make a throwback playlist on Spotify and reminisce about good times.