Throw Your Peels Away, Messiah College!

Throw Your Peels Away, Messiah College!

No one wants to look at your rotting apple core either.

46
Throw Your Peels Away, Messiah College!

Anyone who goes to school at Messiah Campus, or anyone who has ever visited, knows that this is an absolutely lovely campus. It's small, pretty, and very friendly to anyone who enters in from Lisburn Road. However, many people (read: me) have been noticing the presence of some strange things scattered all over the grounds of this beautiful campus. Peels. Yes, you read that correctly. Anywhere you go on campus, whether it be on the path between Jordan/Kline and Frey, or under the Bittner Bridges, there are banana peels, apple cores, and orange peels galore!

Now I ask, what is so hard about putting your fruit garbage in a trashcan with the rest of your garbage? It's not like there aren't trashcans in every building in every room on campus! "But I eat a banana on my way to class and its easier to just throw the peel on the ground." Would you throw your empty water bottle in the grass? Or your napkins? No. Fruit waste aside, there's rarely any litter on campus. You manage to carry your take out containers from the union and falcon to the nearest trashcan, just put your peels inside the boxes and forget they ever existed.

This may not seem like a very big deal, because, yes, the peels and cores are all natural and will eventually rot into the ground (lovely, I know.), but think about it. You throw your banana peel on the ground, no one picks it up. It rains, much like today. the peel turns brown, and rotten, and mushy, and it's in the middle of the sidewalk. Who's going to pick it up now? No one. Also, lets not forget our friends around campus who love to walk around barefoot. Imagine, you're walking along barefoot on a lovely Spring day, you're not really paying attention and you step on a 3 day old mushy apple core. Gross. Now you're late for class because there's absolutely no way you're going to class with apple mush on your foot. Save us all the eyesore of looking at your yucky fruit garbage and throw it away.

We have an absolutely beautiful campus, don't let it become overthrown by the monstrosity of rotting fruit waste. Find a trash bin.