The Chase Is Great And All, But If A Guy REALLY Likes You, He’ll Skip The Race

Thrill Of The Chase Is Exciting And All, But If A Guy REALLY Likes You, He’ll Skip The Race

You won't be his "side chick", you'll be his side kick and his partner in crime.

204
The Perfect Date | Netflix

The thrill of the chase is a game everyone has to learn to play whether they like it or not. Because dating is HARD, it's pride consuming and requires a lot of effort.

Nowadays in our modern dating culture, we consider ourselves wanting to do anything but get attached to someone. Rather, we pride ourselves in how many different people we text at once, how many partners we choose to get intimate with and how euphoric it is to enjoy the single life while avoiding committed relationships.

Don't get me wrong—I'm a "chaser" myself.

I personally love that adrenaline rush you feel when you constantly play catch and bait with some guy who you don't really want to express your feelings to but don't want to lose either. It builds up anticipation because it makes this whole dating experience a lot more exciting and inevitably makes you want him even more.

But look, I'm not here trying to promote/endorse this type of game to you because I too have f*cked myself over some guys in my past because of this game. I too know what it means when you start losing your mind over a boy because your anxiety levels get shot up to an all time high.

Instead, I have to point out how OVERRATED the thrill of the chase is. Why? The answer is simple: Chivalry is not dead, ladies.

Think about it. When you really, truly start liking a guy, you do everything in your power to try to get his attention. Rather than setting timers on when you can text him next (since duhhh it took him a good 20 minutes to reply to you first), you'll find yourself simply not wanting to wait since you're dying to carry on the conversation. You don't try to dodge catching feelings for him or refrain from admitting how you think about the mutual connection because you're just willing to tell him, even if that means risking it all.

Believe it or not, boys act the same way. Yes, despite how they act, they too are rational human beings with the same functioning brains and emotional capacities.

And take my word for it, if a boy REALLY likes you, he will skip the race. Moreover, he will make sure you know how much he likes you.

Ever hear the saying that when you fall in love with The One you just know it? Yeah, it's not just a crockpot full of bullshit—it's the truth.

Recently, I curiously asked one of my best friends (who happens to be a guy) when he knows whether he really likes a girl or not. His response was short and sweet: "I'll know when she's the girl I want to grow old with and she's someone I don't ever want to lose."

Cue the awwww's. Quote this into the next Hollywood screenplay. Go ahead, Tweet it. But the message is true and clear. The men have spoken.

If you're the one he wants, he won't ever want to chase you. He'll skip the race. He'll make you his starting player and clear out his bench.

You won't be some "side chick" to him, you'll become his side KICK, his partner in crime.

So ladies, please don't ever settle for less. Wait for the guy who's willing to make you his one and only—he's out there, somewhere. Pinky promise.

Play the game and chase with caution, and may the odds be ever in your favor.