It is that point in the semester where we all have hit a literal wall. This semester has been like nothing we have experienced before. All the classes online have been hard to keep track of, stay focused in, and just honestly awful. It is always hard to stay on track in just normal semesters of college, now is even harder. Instead of letting procrastination and the lack of motivation get you, here are some things to help you stay on track when the course-load can be overwhelming.
Make a list.To Do List Work GIF by MeufParis Giphy
I know to-do lists sound tedious and are never what anyone wants to do, but they actually really do help. This is a way to see what you need to do, and cross it out as you do it. Crossing something off or checking a little box gives you a sense of accomplishment and takes a lot of weight off of your shoulders!
If you have a dry erase board it's easiest to put them on there, or you can do sticky notes and put them on your door or computer!
Also, color code everything! It makes it easier to decipher what's what so it's not an overwhelming list of black ink. Make it fun!
Have an order of when you need to do things.journaling sharpie markers GIF by Sharpie Giphy
A good way to get things done is by having them planned out in a priority list. Put what absolutely needs done first, and things that can wait later on the list. Set deadlines next to each item. Then go down the list, so you are not as overwhelmed by everything you need to do at once. Just take them one at a time. A good place to do this is in a planner!
Set goals, and then reward yourself!Rewards Treat Yourself GIF by Starbucks Giphy
Having goals and rewards in place for yourself helps with motivation as well! If you have ten assignments you need to do, maybe for every two or three assignments, take a break or go get yourself a coffee! Then when you finish everything set a big reward for yourself, go get food from your favorite restaurant, a pedicure, watch a movie, or go get some clothes!
Just do whatever is best for you and helps you stay motivated. Whenever you have goals and rewards it gives you the brain-break that you need and helps you stay on track!
These were three easy and simple ways to stay motivated!
- Staying Motivated As A College Student ›
- 7 Ways To Stay Motivated For The Lazy ›
- 8 Ways To Stay Motivated During Spring Semester ›
- 6 Ways to Stay Motivated Over Christmas Break ›
- 11 Ways For The College Procrastinator To Stay Motivated ›
- How To Stay Insanely Motivated Through The Quarter ›
- 5 Ways To Stay Motivated Between Spring Break And Finals ›
- 3 Tips For Staying Motivated In 2020 ›
- 8 Ways To Stay Motivated Throughout The Semester ›
- 3 ways to stay motivated ›
- Need to save up for college? Stay motivated with these three tips ... ›
- 5 Simple Ways To Stay Motivated ›
- Fitness: Tips for staying motivated - Mayo Clinic ›
- 3 Ways to Stay Motivated to Lead Your Business ›
- 3 Simple Ways to Stay Motivated All Day Long | Inc.com ›
- 3 Ways To Stay Motivated | Dani Austin | Dallas Fashion Blogger ›
- 11 Ways To Stay Motivated & Focused To Achieve Your Goals ›
- 19 Simple Ways to Stay Motivated That Actually Work | Inc.com ›
- 3 Ways to Stay Motivated and Keep Moving Forward | SUCCESS ›