5 Ways To Stay Motivated Between Spring Break And Finals
College

5 Ways To Stay Motivated Through The Slump Between Spring Break And Finals

Planning a vacation or a trip somewhere close to your hometown for after finals gives you something to look forward to!

53

Everyone knows what I'm talking about, the final couple of weeks between Spring Break and Finals week where there is SO much to do and just no motivation to do any of it. These couple of weeks can be the most challenging of the semester because time feels as if it passes so slowly. Because of this everyone thinks they have so much more time than they actually do, causing them to slack off or shirk their responsibilities. Here are five tips to stay motivated and productive through your final weeks of school.

1. Remember, you're almost done with the semester

At this point in the semester, depending on your school schedule, you've probably got around eight weeks of actual classes left. Those eight weeks will probably drag out to feel like eight months, but it's important to remember that you're almost there.

2. Plan a trip or activity for after finals!

Planning a vacation or a trip somewhere close to your hometown for after finals gives you something to look forward to! It's also the perfect way to unwind, destress, and prepare yourself for your summer responsibilities, whether they be summer classes, internships, working, or even relaxing on the beach with your family and friends (its always good to have a base tan).

3. Get your exam schedule organized

Prepare for the hectic next couple of weeks by organizing your final exam schedule ahead of time. By doing so you can set up a study schedule and check to make sure you don't have two finals at the same time. If your school is like mine you also are given the option to reschedule a final if you have three in a row. This is definitely an opportunity you want to take advantage of.

4. Review your syllabus

You don't want to be like me and find out your final is not cumulative after you spent a week studying everything from the semester. Though it was a nice surprise, I definitely would've been more comfortable with the material we learned in the second half of the semester if I had spent the time reviewing it rather than cramming information from the first couple weeks of classes.

5. Stay busy

Most importantly, stay busy. Time will go by soo much quicker if you stay occupied and focused on tasks at hand. Take up a hobby, join a club, start looking for a summer job, or maybe add another day at the gym to your weekly routine, one little thing could help keep you busy.

By staying motivating and just remembering that you're almost done with this semester, the next couple of weeks will just fly by.