10 Random Thoughts You Get While Reading

Every book lover has experienced these at least a hundred times.

69
https://unsplash.com/photos/-kl_XvEOqMU

Reading is one of the oldest and most treasured pastimes. Millions of people all over the world love a good book. Each one has the ability to bring you to a different world, time period, or location; and use it to escape and forget about reality for a bit. Book lovers everywhere know the thrill of holding a book, grasping the crisp pages between your thumb and index, smelling a brand-new copy, and being taken on an adventure. And with that, every book lover knows that with these adventures come a few weird thoughts.

1. Am I pronouncing that name right?

Whether it is a place or a character's name, there will always be a name in a book that we think is pronounced one way, but is completely wrong.

2. This would be a really good movie.

You can see the actors and actresses in your head, the visual effects, the places they go. You feel like you could perfectly direct this movie and make it both follow the book and be a big hit. Then, the book does get turned into a movie, and NEVER follows the plot or idea in your mind.

3. I do NOT like this character at all.

Most of the time, the worst character isn't even the antagonist. It's always one of the main characters or their friends. They always have a way of sabotaging things or just being a terrible friend.

4. Should I look this word up?

We have all had that moment - the moment where you reach a word and you don't know the meaning of it. You think "is it important enough to look up?" Usually, you can use context clues to figure it out, but it's always nice to search the word and add it to your extensive vocabulary.

5. If they don't tell each other how they feel, I am going to scream.

There is obviously tension and some great connection between the two main characters in a lot of books. But why does it take SO long for them to realize that and tell each other? Just say it and be together!

6. Just one more chapter.

That's a lie. "Just one more chapter" is the same thing as eating "just one more chip." The whole book will be finished and the whole bag of chips will be eaten.

7. Oh my gosh, why did you do that?!

The most annoying things in books are when a character does something so stupid without thinking. Some make decisions without advice that can get others hurt, and some characters admit their feelings for each other at the WORST timing ever. like, you had the entire book to tell them how you felt, why did you wait until they got into a relationship or right after their mom died?

8. Ugh, I really have to get around to doing those dishes.

It happens all the time. You get settled in, get a nice drink, sit down all cozy, then you realize that you need to get up and face the messes in your house.

9. I can't get comfortable!

If you sit up and read, your neck hurts. If you lay down, your arm falls asleep. There is never a true way to read and be absolutely comfortable.

10. I have to take a break...   *finishes the entire book*

Secondhand embarrassment, hating a character's actions, a character admitting their feelings for someone at a bad moment. Sometimes, you just want to take a break from being annoyed or embarrassed. However, you have to know what happens next, so you continue reading.