5 Thoughts All Former A&M Students Have

5 Thoughts All Former A&M Students Have

What do you mean I can't sit in the student section now?!

199
5 Thoughts All Former A&M Students Have
Megan Bradow

It's been literally ONE MONTH since I graduated from Texas A&M and I already miss College Station... this could be a problem.

It's one of those things that you don't realize how amazing somewhere and something is until it's gone. I thought that I knew how much I loved A&M when I was there, I thought I appreciated every game, every tailgate, every Midnight Yell... but I don't think I truly realized how special they are until I had to move back to Houston and say goodbye to it all. Now, seeing all my friends posting about going to games and being on campus, my heart aches with longing to be back in my home away from home. I know I'm not the only alumni who is dying a little on the inside watching everyone else cheer on the best team in the SEC (I don't want to hear your negativity).

So here they are, the ten thoughts that continually cross my mind, and I know to cross the mind of every other new alumnus.

1. "It's just not the same..."

Yes yes yes, I am aware you can watch Aggie football on TV. No, it is absolutely not the same thing. There is NOTHING like seeing a game live from Kyle Field. It's honestly just disappointing watching it on TV from home. You tend to look a little crazy doing the yells by yourself in your living room, but maybe that's just me.

2. "How do you start a professional email?"

Seriously. I have no idea how to start an email with any word other than "Howdy"... You would think they would eventually like wean us from the word but I actually use it to start every professional email. I mean my resume says I graduated from TAMU so hopefully they understand... I can't help myself.

3. "What do you mean no t-shirt Tuesday?!"

So apparently in the "real world" you don't get to wear your frumpy t-shirts to the bar district... I'm honestly upset by this. I really looked forward to drinking without having to put on make up... This is something I TRULY didn't know how much I appreciated until it was gone.

4. "I miss Gig 'Em week"

First off, YES IT IS CALLED GIG 'EM WEEK. Anyone who disagrees can take their new army somewhere else. Anyways, in the real world, they don't give you one last week to get drunk before the real work starts. They just start giving you work. Let me tell you, not nearly as fun.

5. "I want to go home"

I love being home and closer to family, don't get me wrong. But part of my heart never left College Station and I will take every possible opportunity to go back to my home away from home!!

Texas A&M, you are loved, you are missed. I can't wait until I get to come back to Aggieland.