This time of year everyone begins to study for midterms and they rethink their entire life path. I know it's tough, so these are some thoughts that went through my mind, and I am sure they went through yours too.
1. Ok, I've got this. This test can't be that hard
You always want to assume the test is easier than it truly is, but it's ok you need this positivity.
2. This isn't so bad.. I seem to be making progress
Look at you go, making all that progress!
3. Ok, never mind...
Ok, maybe not.. but it's not too late to catch up!
4. what is this?
You have finally reached that moment where you know your grade is doomed.
5. When did we learn about this?
Once again, doomed.
6. Am I in the right class?
You now begin to question everything... hoping you have the wrong textbook or something..
7. Ok, calm down... let's just make a study guide
You try some calming exercises and start to think straight again.
8. Maybe I need some Starbucks first
Although it's hard while studying. So you decide you deserve a break.. and plus Starbucks will wake you up.
9. Ok, well now I'm hungry
Well now you are hungry so your 10 minute break turns into a 30 minute break. But it's OK because you cannot focus without a full stomach.
10. Back to work..
ok, break is over!
11. stay positive, you've got this
You try the positive thinking again
12. Never mind... abort.. abort
Ok, just kidding... there's nothing positive about this test. It is too hard, abort now before it's too late!
13. What could I change my major to that wouldn't need this class?
You try to think of every way out
14. Let me calculate how high of a grade I need in order to pass this class
But you realize you can't do anything else with your life. So you resort to calculating exactly the grade you need.
15. I wonder if anyone in my class can help?
You come to the realization you need help
16. Who is even in my class?
But yet.. how many times have you gone to class? Have you ever paid attention? Because you legit cannot remember anything about this class
17. Ok, just focus, you can do this on your own
Ok, well that was a fail.. maybe you can do this on your own..
18. It's late maybe I should go to bed. I do need good rest before the test.
Well, you've spent so much time here in the library already, maybe you can just call it a night.
Tests are hard and the motivation to study for them does not come easy. But sleep well, eat well, and stay positive. You can do this!