Thoughts Of A Heartbroken Girl

Thoughts Of A Heartbroken Girl

"Maybe I like it this way"

16
Thoughts Of A Heartbroken Girl

In my 19 years of life, I have witnessed one after another of my friends' hearts broken by the person they loved and cherished. Here is something that someone really dear to me wrote after a break up, while on a plane her and her loved one were supposed to board together:

I’m writing this 19,250 feet above the same ground I’ve wanted to sink into so many times. I always thought that was so much better than feeling for anyone because I always ended up hurt in some way. Maybe it wasn’t anyone’s fault I hurt. I built walls instead of bridges for myself. Every hand I held squeezed mine as the climax then let go as the finale. I’ve fallen in love with too many strangers to understand what the reason my hand wont stop shaking actually is. My knuckles used to bury themselves in the concrete we once walked opposite ways from and I swear to a God that might now exist at all these rives that seem never ending match my bloody fists after the time you stabbed me so many times in the back I wasn’t sure I could continue to breathe. The bags under my eyes are almost as dark as the storms I've lived through and one thing you might be able to understand now is how badly my heart wants to jump out of my chest every time I see you name as more of a 'sorry' than a 'forever'.

It’s 6:54am now and just a few moments ago the sunrise was so beautiful, but people didn’t care to look and that’s how I see beauty in the smallest things that no one else seems to notice. My lungs feel like they’re asphyxiating being this high in some atmosphere I’m not familiar with, but I do not care because I am above you and I’ve started coming to a conclusion that maybe I like it this way.