10 Thoughts You Have While Shopping For Your Dorm Room

10 Thoughts Every College Freshman Has While Dorm Shopping

Because the three-hour long Target trip, arguing with your mom over which hangers you need for your closet, brings out some very colorful thoughts.

342

Dorm-shopping is by far one of the most fun parts of prepping for college, so here are a few thoughts every incoming freshman has while walking through the aisles of their local Target.

1. "A throw pillow for $20? What a steal!"

Honestly, throw pillows are expensive, so $20 really is a steal.

2. "How will this comforter feel when I'm laying on it and having my third emotional breakdown of the week?"

The softer the better.

3. "What kind of cleaning products do you even need in a dorm?"

Maybe some soap? Clorox? A vacuum? Who knows.

4. "How much is too much to spend on the decorations?"

The limit does not exist.

5. "Is this allowed?"

If you have to ask, the answer is probably no.

6. "And why can't I have a giant candle in my room? I'm not an idiot, I'll be careful!"

You say that until it's 2:00 a.m. and you knock it over with a water bottle.

7. "How many pictures is too many to hang on the wall? Is 50 okay?"

A wall full of memories to look at will help you on the hardest days.

8. "I totally need this blow-up bean bag chair! Where else will my friends sit?"

You have a point.

9. "Should I bring some healthy snacks or these Double Stuffed Oreos?"

You'll need both eventually.

10. "How will I ever move all of this stuff out in May?"

With God's grace and your mom's minivan.