Thoughts People Who Travel The World May Have

10 Thoughts Everyone Has Traveling Internationally

It can be odd, beautiful, confusing, and wonderful all at the same time. But, what are we really thinking?

128

Traveling internationally is fun, crazy, and worthwhile. Here are some thoughts we all have when traveling to another country!

1. "How do I order food (and pay for it) if I don't speak the language?"

This can be a hard one, you need to eat obviously. But, what if you don't speak the language in that country? What if you mispronounce something and end up with squid when you just wanted some chicken nuggets?

Confused Girl GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

2. When people try and speak to you in said language and you STILL don't understand anything they are saying to you.

It can be difficult with all the dialects and accents here in the United States let alone trying to piece together whatever sentence someone is trying to tell you in their native tongue.

3. Adjusting to the culture shock can seem almost impossible sometimes so you are always comparing things to your culture and what is familiar to you.

Imagine saying, "oh those are like chicken nuggets then," and everyone just stares at you like the typical American that you are.

Ron Burgundy What GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

4. Completely immersing yourself into the culture but trying super hard to not look like a tourist can be difficult when LITERALLY everything amazes you.

This is very true, especially when you are visiting those tourist type of sites. Shopping and buying a keychain or a sticker seems very basic also, but hey, it's all about what you want to do and experience. Trust me, they know you're a tourist without you even trying.

5. Wondering what to bring back for your mom, dad, sister, brother, cousin, friend, brother in law, mother in law, and pretty much everyone else you know or are related to. 

I hate coming back from a trip and people are coming up and saying, "oh how was your trip? what did you bring back for me?"

Nothing. I brought nothing back for you, Becky, because you haven't spoken to me since fourth grade.

6. Did I also pack everything I need? What if I forgot the most random everyday object that I don't normally think about. Do I have enough underwear? Can I do laundry when I'm here?

Honestly, that all depends on where you are and where you are staying. If you did forget one of your most basic but everyday used items chances are the grocery store down the street has it. So don't freak out. It's just a toothbrush.

7. "Should I be like every other person who travels and take super artsy pictures for my Instagram to show everyone I'm living my best life?"

If it makes you that happy and brings you that much joy then do it. Who's gonna stop you? Maybe you are living your best life, just show them that you are. Why does it have to even be a debate? I don't understand this. The world is beautiful, show it off.

Go out and travel, take pictures, enjoy life. Just do what makes you happy.

Sincerely,

Another ADHD Student