The Joys of Traveling Abroad

The Joys of Traveling Abroad

I wouldn't trade it for the for the world

612
The Joys of Traveling Abroad
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/03/18/636569299664851563175455391_Screen%20Shot%202018-03-17%20at%208.32.11%20PM.png

Over this past spring break, I was lucky enough to go on a choir trip to Spain. We went to Barcelona and Valencia, and it was of the most amazing experiences ever.

There were about 55 people on the trip, 2/3 were the female choir I'm in, Voices, and the other 1/3 were the male choir, Singers. We prepared for months, getting song after song ready for the trip. The whole thing started off with a bit of a bump when winter storm Riley decided to postpone our trip for two days, cramming our plans in Barcelona into two days.

We had the chance to sing in some of the most beautiful churches I've ever seen and I met some of the most amazing people ever, as well as strengthened old friendships.By the time I got back, I was dog tired and proceeded to stuff my face with a pizza and then passed out for 13 hours.

I don't know how I already feel nostalgia for something that just ended, but I do. I miss watching movies with the girls while braiding hair. I miss creepily hitting on everyone on the trip. I miss some of the most amazing food I've ever eaten. I miss late night deep conversations with my roommate.

I know I can still see all these people, but it just isn't the same. These one in seven billion people are the coolest, funniest, most talented people I've ever been lucky enough to know, and I know the memories I made over the past week will last for a lifetime.