For The Love Of The Theatre

for the love of theatre

Reasons to do theatre.

39
for the love of theatre

I have been involved in theatre since middle school, but have been performing since I was two because that is when I started dancing.

Dance is what lead me to the theatre, and I have never really looked back. I love the ability to become someone else for a few hours and truly live their story. It has changed my life not only because I have learned so much about people through the art, but I have also made lifelong friends.

I loved theatre so much that it is one of my majors in college, and I am spending the summer as an acting apprentice at the Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey. I truly love the art form and the people I have met while involved in it. Theatre has changed my life, and I hope others have the chance to let it change their lives. Some Reasons to do theatre are as follows:

You become one big family

You learn about life

You get to tap into emotions

It is an escape

You get literally walk in someone else's shoes

You get to challenge yourself

The rush of adrenaline when you perform is a magical feeling

You have the ability to impact someone's life

You can use lessons learned in theatre to better your own life

https://giphy.com/gifs/kitten-inspiration-cute-cat-ukgcHmvflVWjwE8eU5

You learn about yourself

Last but not least, you get to have fun