10 Movies That Make Inspire Others To Travel

10 Movies That Inspire Others To travel internationally

Don't just watch movies and believe that you have just experienced countries by watching. Travel!

94
Lexi Coughlin

The filmography of countries is an amazing piece of art to watch because it inspires people to travel internationally and make them want to visit places where the movie stars are in while filming. Some countries look beautiful on the movie screen but believe me, they are better to see in person.

Here are 10 movies that inspire others to travel internationally:

1. "Notting Hill" (1999): England

upload.wikimedia.org

Besides showing the romance between a floppy-haired bookshop owner (played by Hugh Grant) and a Hollywood A-lister (portrayed by Julia Roberts), “Notting Hill" entertains its audience by gracing us with the sceneries of England, especially Portobello Road and the Travel Bookshop.

2. "The Quiet Man" (1952): Ireland

upload.wikimedia.org

This Irish classic starring The Duke and the feisty Maureen O'Hara graces us with the Irish sceneries, dialect, and comedy. This movie was filmed on the Mayo-Galway border. You'll also find a statue of John Wayne carrying Maureen O'Hara in Cong, especially the Duke's character's cottage as a museum.

3. "Casablanca" (1942): Morocco

upload.wikimedia.org

This classic was not actually filmed in Casablanca, Morocco. Instead, it was filmed in California. A replica of Humphrey Bogart's character's nightclub was established in Casablanca.

4. "Before Sunrise" (1995): Austria

c1.staticflickr.com

An American man and a college student meet on the train and decide to spend the day together in Vienna. The Zollamtssg Bridge is one of the biggest spots in the movie, especially the record store where Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy listen to Kath Bloom's vinyl "Come Here."

5. "Roman Holiday" (1953): Italy

Image result for roman holiday gif

c1.staticflickr.com

Bored with her regal duties, a touring princess (played by Audrey Hepburn) leaves the embassy, meets an American reporter (played by Gregory Peck) who was supposed to interview her, and end up spending the day together. This classic film attracts the audience by showing the Spanish Steps and Palazzo Colonna.

6. "Midnight in Paris" (2011): France

c1.staticflickr.com

This vibrant film presents nostalgia and the beauty of traveling back to the Jazz Age where Owen Wilson's character encounters the Fitzgeralds, Salvador Dali, Gertrude Stein, and Ernest Hemingway and eventually discovers the source to his inspiration for his novel. Woody Allen focused his filming on the Church of St Etienne du Mont, where Wilson meets the Jazz Age figures on the stroke of midnight.

7. "Eat Pray Love" (2010): Indonesia

c1.staticflickr.com

Based on a true story, Elizabeth Gilbert, a divorced woman travels abroad to Italy, India, and Indonesia. The area where Gilbert (played by Most Beautiful Woman for the fifth time winner, Julia Roberts) bikes is called the Ubud Area. This location presents the gorgeous nature of Bali, Indonesia.

8. "Mamma Mia" (2008): Greece

s.iha.com

Specifically, the movie takes place on a small Greek island called Skopelos and Kalokairi is the made-up name for the movie. A young, engaged woman invites her mother's three ex-boyfriends to her wedding, in order to find out which one of them is her father.

9. "Vicky Cristina Barcelona" (2008): Spain

s.iha.com

Two best friends vacate in Barcelona and fall in love with the same painter, who is still in love with his troubled ex-wife. Woody Allen made the most out the film by showing the Salamander Fountain and the Church of Santa Maria del Naranco.

10. "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" (2013): Iceland

c1.staticflickr.com

Based on a short story, the titular character escapes from the boredom of his life by daydreaming. This movie graces the audience with the Iceland natures, roads, and mountains.