To Those Who Made My Freshman Year Amazing, Thank You

You taught me some of the best life lessons anyone could ask for

5
Hannah Lobley

I truly cannot believe that it's over and the next chapter will begin in three more months. I don't know whether I'm sad or happy to be leaving school itself. But I know for one thing that I wish you could bring you guys home with me. You have taught me so much, both small and big things but every lesson has made me into who I am now. I honestly have you guys to thank an amazing first step on this journey. Thank you for all you have taught me whether you know it or not.

Always be a better you than you were yesterday

I may have gotten annoyed every time I was told to make sure I get to my 8 a.m. or to study for my test instead of watch Netflix, or pushing me to do that workout I realllllyyyyy didn't wanna do. With the lack of self discipline I have, it's good to have people there that always want to see me do my best and even do better than I did last time.

Laughter is the best form of medicine

I honestly think that since I met you all I have laughed more in four months than I have in my whole entire life. The smallest stressful things can add up to equal a more than terrible day, and laughing makes it that much better. You have taught me to never take life too seriously. I mean yeah, take it seriously, but if it won't matter in a week, is it really worth moping over? Hell no!! It's okay to laugh until you pee a little.

If you want something, go for it

College is the start of that time where everyone seems to kinda lay off and not really care what you do. This can range from riding a unicycle around campus (yes, I have seen this) to choosing a major. You guys really locked that into reality for me. Wanna dye your hair? Cool! Wanna join an acapella group? Aca-awesome (sorry). Wanna scream the lyrics to a Beyoncé song at the top of your lungs? Freakin go for it. You have taught me that if it brings you happiness, go out, get it, and cherish the crap out of it.

It's OK to screw up, but learn from it, and always TRY and fix it

This year academically was not my strongest haul and it disappoints me to no end. There were times where I tried to brush aside bad grades on papers or tests and shortly after realized, just because you want them to go away doesn't mean they will. You never really sugar-coated my failures and always tried to made me realize that this is a mistake that I needed to fix. The same goes for personal matters. If I was obviously wrong in a situation I explained to you, you wouldn't side with me 100 percent of the time. You taught me to be mature and accept my wrong doings.

Say what you need to say or let your actions speak for you

This kind of goes along with "If you want something, go for it" but in a different way. Words can me so much, and if you can't figure out how to say it, or if you want to say it, actions speak louder than words almost 100 percent of the time. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in all the stress of college and other things that we can't really process how to speak our feelings. For example, if I was having a bad day and you didn't really know what to say to cheer me up, you would bring me cookies from the dining hall, or Dunkin, or agree to let me pick the show on Netflix for once. If I upset you , you never once hesitated to tell me, or on a more positive note if I did something that made you happy you told me how much you appreciated it.

One chapter has ended but another one will begin before we know it. Don't forget about me, but also take some time for yourself. Spend time with the people you don't get to see as often. Make memories and take pics so that we have tons to talk about when we reunite. You've always got me.

See you all sooner than you know,

Much love,

Me