13 Things That Happen To Those Of Us In The Midwest Who Hate Winter

Summer > Winter
49

If you’re like me, then you prefer the heat of summer or the chillier yet bearable temperatures of fall, and can’t handle winter. It’s a season filled with different challenges that are brought about by the weather, and every year in the Midwest we just have to put up with them.

Here are just a few of the occurrences that most of us in this part of the United States deal with for at least three months a year.

1. You know that the first snow usually happens technically before winter starts, and when it does you’re all like, “Wow the first snow of the season, so pretty! Maybe this winter won’t be so bad.” But you know better.

2. In addition, you think: “I would just love a white Christmas.”

3. Shortly following after witnessing increased snowfall: “Just kidding, green Christmas this year please.”

4. There is no worse feeling than going out to your car in the morning and seeing six inches of snow and ice piled on your car.

5. You can barely move your appendages once you get all bundled up.

6. By the beginning of February, you’re just completely fed up.

7. You have that look that you give your friends when they say they actually like winter.

8. And don’t even get me started on driving in the snow.

9. When your friends at different schools have their classes cancelled and you don’t.

10. A general grumpiness overcomes you during the miserable months of cold and snow.

11. When you see your friends/family in the south enjoying 60 degree temperatures.

12. Chapped lips, dry skin, yeah it’s incredibly unfortunate.13. And finally when the sweet smell of spring fills the air, you can once again shed some of the 6 layers that you have grown accustomed to wearing, and begin to enjoy the weather again.