For Those Who Say I Have Changed

For Those Who Say I Have Changed

I Have Changed For The Better Despite What You May Think

28
For Those Who Say I Have Changed
Marcos Beccari

Thank you. I am well aware that I have changed, and it was a very hard, long and frightening journey to say the least; going from one version of myself to the next, but it is a journey I am proud to say I had enough courage to prosper through. The context in which you say I have changed suggests that it is was a bad thing, but I can assure you that it was not. To hate yourself so passionately is a horrible feeling, so I did what was necessary for anyone who has ever felt that way; changed.

Change is sometimes a surprising yet beautiful thing, and as for how I feel about the change I have went through, I have never felt happier than I do now.

The person I was before- I'm not proud of it. It's not that I was a bad person, but more of the fact that I used to allow others to walk all over me and would do anything to conform with the rest, and do anything to impress them rather than myself. Here's when I realized I could no longer be able to do that; when I found myself giving up what made me happy at the expense of others.

Why should I have to sacrifice what makes me happy in order to make others happy? I was so afraid back then to live life a little selfishly, but now I know that it's essential to do so or else, you'll go mad. You'll fall into a deep dark abyss of self-hate and grow too comfortable there because others are pleased about what you are doing, so they will cheer you on from the top, but are you pleased? That's the more important question.

Once you fall into that abyss, you seldom ever make it back out unless, of course, you change.

It's hard to realize that you need to change and it's hard to accept, but once you do, it will be the best decision you have ever made. Take my word for it. I was once so afraid of the idea of letting people down and disappointing them, but now I laugh because I now know that that is just a part of life. It's inevitable to disappoint people whether you do what they want you to do or not, so why not do what makes you happy? Why are they worthy of happiness and not you? Answer that for me.

Break people's expectations of you and set your own- change and change so drastically that you blind them with your new radiating light, your genuine smile and your new fearless look on life.

They will never see what's coming.